Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Weird spot with a pair and a draw

First off I don't know if this is in the wrong place, if I posted in the wrong spot I'm sorry and please move it. Its a 2/3 live hand which is kind of in the middle of the small stakes and medium stakes forums. Its a live game so it plays a lot more like small stakes.

I start the hand with $400, Shorty is a decent player but is tilting has $70, Villain #2 has both of us covered.

It is raised to $12 from MP, both shorty and Villain call, I have [7h] [6h] on the cutoff, I call too. Flop is [6s] [5h] [4s]. Checks to me I bet $40 and they both call, this leaves shorty less than $20 left. I am pretty sure villain #2 is on a draw, he called really quick and he is solidly ABC so I'm pretty sure he raises a made hand. I have no idea what shorty has. Turn is a [Kh] giving me a nice redraw and it checks to me again?

My instinct is to bet but I am also not sure I have the best hand vs the shorty and I'm pretty sure my FE in pretty much none. I am going to have to bet $100+ to get Villain #2 off his draw, is it worth $100-$150 bet to chase him off a draw vs a shorty that I'm not sure I can beat and is never folding?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with a pair and a draw

if the villian who has you covered is a donk and you really think he is drawing and will call bets that he shouldnt, then you should bet.

if he will fold his draw if you give him poor odds then i think you can just check