Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Total spew...or expert?

Dont have the HH but I think I can get the action close.

I raise AdKd from UTG in a 5 handed AP 10/20 game. SB 3 bets, BB calls, I cap.

Flop is a rainbow J4T. SB and BB check, I bet, both call.

Turn is 8d making board J4T8 with two diamonds. SB bets out, BB calls, I raise, SB 3 bets, BB calls, I cap.

River is a Q. SB bets, BB folds, I raise and SB calls all in.

Mainly looking for commentary on flop and turn.

Thanks,
Evan
Old 08-18-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Total spew...or expert?

spew. betting the flop is fine for me, but i'm checking the turn behind 3way here looking for a free card and assuming I'm behind and never folding a better hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 AM

I also believe you are never folding a better hand here but something can be said for folding out some 7x,Qx hands. I also believe we have great equity vs almost everything so calling a raise is fine. I am uncertain that we should cap though.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:56 AM

Who was SB?

Looks like spew to me. Probably costing you around .15BB. I don't think the initial raise is all that bad if you think he can have a 1pr hand but once he 3bets the cap is meh.

Rob
Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 AM

Or perhaps expert spew? The hopeless turn cap 3 way is a nice touch. Good to see you got there.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:12 AM

how likely is it that sb rebuys?

what im getting at is that i would like it more if sb had a lot of chips behind bc the only way your turn play is +ev is if you tilt sb to spew off a few chips in subsequent hands.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how likely is it that sb rebuys?

what im getting at is that i would like it more if sb had a lot of chips behind bc the only way your turn play is +ev is if you tilt sb to spew off a few chips in subsequent hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very likely

For those asking I believe sb was shipitdolla iirc
Old 08-18-2006, 10:25 AM

I was BB. Aren't you leaving out some action preflop? Let me know if you want me to post the hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was BB. Aren't you leaving out some action preflop? Let me know if you want me to post the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, of course post the correct action.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:04 AM

It's not that critical but preflop mntbikr posted dead. This is probably a bug in PT but the prelfop action looked weird when I was watching it in replayer.

I think OP's play is a total spew since villain in that hand is not folding anything and OP isn't a favorite on the turn.

BTW, how would you rate my play? I would have folded preflop if UTG was not posting dead. Villain is 40/25 guy and I thought he would be 3-betting light because of the post.

I was contemplating a turn fold because of probable lack of outs and proper implied odds .

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(5:2)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Button calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(9:1)</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(10:1)</font>.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 4 players)
Button checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Button calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(10.5:1)</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(11.5:1)</font>.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 4 players)
Button checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(9.25:2)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(15.25:2)</font>, UTG calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(17.25:1)</font>.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (18.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $20</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(19.25:1)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: 20.25BB