Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 03:08 PM

Default NHL 10/20

YTD 18-24-3

Buffalo vs Carolina
Carolina is on the 6th game of a 7 game road trip. Expect them to be tired and a little slower than usual. The Sabers are red hot, and while they wont go undefeated forever, I'm not fading them yet. Buffalo & Over 6

Philly vs Florida
Forsberg is out and Philly has lost 4 straight. Florida is 0-9-1 at home against the Flyers since 2000, but this team is not the same as the old Flyers. Florida

Toronto vs Columbus
Columbus could be getting Federov back tonight. They probably need him being as they've only scored 12 goals so far this year. Toronto has alternated wins and losses thus far, so if the patternt holds true they should win tonight. I like Sundin to have a strong game tonight. Toronto

Vancouver vs St Louis
For some reason, Vancouver always seems to struggle against the Blues. The Blues have won 5 straight against Vancouver dating back to last season. But tonight I expect Luongo to outduel Legacy. Vancouver & Over 5.5
Old 10-20-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Re: NHL 10/20

I don't exactly like playing the over/under in the Buffalo game... I just don't feel confident in either side, but I'd lean towards the under. The last time these two met it was a 2-2 game at the end of regulation, I'm not sure if your bets include OT or not. The 6 goal total I think is highly inflated because of the domination against the Flyers' absolutely horrible d and the 7 goal game against Kevin Weekes. I don't expect Buffalo to score over 4, and I don't think Carolina will score more than 2.

Philly vs Florida I agree with. Philly is in an absolute mess right now. They sent down 3 players and two players who were injured are now returning. I don't see a coaching change, so I expect another ugly game where Florida dominates.

TO vs CLB, I would stay away from this one. I think TO is overachieving right now and CLB hasn't clicked yet. Federov won't be back for tonight's game.

VAN vs StL, VAN should win this game easily. I like the over.. just hope Luongo lets in 1 or 2 and Daniel Sedin will net the rest with the assits coming from his bro and Naslund. Sanford is in goal I believe... which probably is a disadvantage for the Canucks as Legacy has not looked good. Sanford was also the Canuck-killer last year [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I also like Minny at +134... I don't think they are that much of an underdog. Everyone is high on the Ducks just because they look nice on paper, however their play has been just awful so far this season. They have zero scoring depth and Minny's D + Fernandez will stop Selanne. The Ducks have only beat the Kings, Coyotes, Blues, and Red Wings. Kings, Blues, and Coyotes aren't exactly high-quality teams and they only managed to put up 2 goals vs PHX- who's allowed like a bajillion this week. The Red Wings are in horrible shape right now, it's not the same as a win vs the Red Wings as in past years. A loss to the NYI is just brutal. I think the Ducks are one of the most overrated teams right now... tonight's their night to prove me wrong.

The only other game tonight is CHI vs DAL, but I'm staying away. I haven't seen CHI play and they seem unpredictable. I like the over though as CHI should allow a few goals while Havlat helps out on a couple.

Just looked at team totals and the Panthers @ OVER 3.5 +118 looks sweet. It also counts if the Panthers win in a SO and had 3 goals... but I don't picture them scoring less than 4 or losing this game.

I also like OVER 3 +116 for VAN better than the Over for the game. I'm playing this one instead.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM

yest: 2-3, -.56
ytd: 17-17, +2.28
all bets reg only if possible.

fla -.5 +112: Fla at home against a lost Phil. No Forsberg.

Dallas -,5 -125: I'm willing to lay the price with Dal because I think they are that good. Turco has been spot on. Boucher in net for chi.

Ana -147: Minn didn't look like a 6-0 team against LA, and Ana looked very good aginast Det. I would take -.5 +107, except minn has gone to OT 4 of 6 games.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dallas -,5 -125: I'm willing to lay the price with Dal because I think they are that good. Turco has been spot on. Boucher in net for chi.

Ana -147: Minn didn't look like a 6-0 team against LA, and Ana looked very good aginast Det. I would take -.5 +107, except minn has gone to OT 4 of 6 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This year's DET isn't the same as the last decade's. Any team that can skate will embarress DET.

Also: This post shows that everyone is still underrating MIN and overrating ANA. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Let's see after tonight
Old 10-20-2006, 07:50 PM

Florida scores short-handed, lmao. I don't have Center Ice right now, won't set it up until next week... but it's already looking awful for the Flyers

Flyers really need a new coach IMO.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:41 PM

wtf was going on in that Dal/Chi game? I was following it on yahoo while 2 tabling stars, and all of a sudden Dallas is the winner? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ana 2-1 after 2. gaboric + rolston 2 shots each. looking good.
And before anyone else can say it, "sample size" [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YTD 18-24-3

Buffalo vs Carolina
Buffalo & Over 6

Philly vs Florida
Florida

Toronto vs Columbus
Toronto

Vancouver vs St Louis
Vancouver & Over 5.5

[/ QUOTE ]

5-1 today, very nice,

YTD: 23-24-3
Old 10-21-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3-0, +3.12
ytd: 20-17, +5.40
Old 10-21-2006, 12:34 AM

good night for you guys, congrats!

I'll try to start posting in these threads again soon, hit a rough spot before and started going back to the soccer predicting.

Hopefully the NHL is a little more predictable once wear and tear from the season sets in.

Keep up the good work guys!