Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: guidance counselors

I suppose it makes sense either way. I just thought if it was "personnel" they would not have to add the fact that nothing more could be said. Personnel matters are not necessarily private, though they may well often be.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they were having sex at school they would probably be fired, not reassigned. When someone gets reassigned it's usually because a kid or another staff made some kind of allegation against them, or, in some cases, they made it against someone else. If they're saying no kid was put at risk, it either means

1. It was a matter of harassment or discrimination between staff

2. Charge was made by a kid, but principal thinks it's unsubstantiated or that the investigation won't go anywhere / you won't bother to follow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to give a grownup answer and kill all the fun speculation. You're more fun when you're drunk.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 PM

Seeing as how guidance counselors don't do anything I suspect they were bored and having sex. Otherwise I don't know. Probably just a bunch of accusations.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 PM

This thread is useless without pics, or at least links.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:00 AM

No idea, on a related note though 3 faculty members at my high school got fired for selling drugs like 3 years ago.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it makes sense as personnel. Unions typically have strong protections in place for school staff & teachers in terms of what can be revealed to others as a result of disciplinary actions. 99% this means there is an investigation underway and he can't divulge specifics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with NT on the use of personnel. Typical HR/Labour relations lingo in such cases.

These kind of follow-up letters are common, They might as well have written...

Dear Parent

In an effort to provide more information, I'll tell you nothing, but drop a few tidbits to let you speculate a little more widely than you might have after reading my first letter. The two chicks that are not here are still working somewhere else(for now), and nobody fondled your kid.

Stay tuned for the occasional equally unhelpful letters, which may or may not follow.

If you are not frustrated, you should be.

Principal

That said, IMO they have carefully crafted the letter to paint as negative a picture of the counselors as they legally could.

administratively reassigned and continue to be employed by the District = as NT noted, an investigation is underway

The following line in bold is interesting. If your kids are safe then there is really no reason for you to be "frustrated" by the lack of information. Who cares.....whatever they did I know my kid wasn't harmed.Right?

However, the purpose of the following is probably to get you to "share" in the adminstrator's frustration. He's not saying you should be frustrated, but that he is by not being able to tell you the whole story. It's a common approach.Even if you were not frustrated, you will be after he told you that you should be!

I do understand that the lack of information is frustrating but New York State Law and the best interests of the school community prohibit me from sharing additional information."

Sorry for being wordy..I guess I have seen too many labour relations issues and the limitations of what management can and can't say during them.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Well done, Arctic.

And I'll note this is not the first time I've received a letter from the school district that had the effect of merely making people speculate unnecessarily.

When you consider that a main job of these people is communicating with parents, it's unbelievable how bad they handle these situations.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 AM

I'd be more worried if it was two guys who worked in the kitchen.