Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Fallout 3 Trailer.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Bethesda looks like they're really holding true to what made Fallout great - the trailer made me week for joy.

Thoughts? Comments? Boners?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Fallout 3 Trailer.

fall out is great 1,2, 2: brotherhood

cant wait to play this
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Put me down in the boner camp. I can't wait, and I hope hope hope these developers stay true to everything that made the original games so great.

Swede
Old 06-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Whoops. I put down my birthday but with 2007 as the year, so now I'm restricted from viewing it.

[censored].
Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoops. I put down my birthday but with 2007 as the year, so now I'm restricted from viewing it.

[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

just delete your cookies.

tools->delete browsing history->delete cookies in IE7.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 PM

I'm skeptical, or at least not particularlly excited, by the trailer. It shows nothing of the gameplay of the game which is going to be what makes or breaks the game. If they try to make some sort of post-apocalyptic Morrowind then this game is going to suck. If they keep to the strategic gameplay/battles of Fallout then the game will rock. I doubt they'd be willing to go pure turn based in this day and age - maybe a toggle like Baldur's Gate?

Did whet my appetite though. Can't wait to see more, hopefully with some gameplay!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM

I would love another good Fallout, but the trailer didn't impress me at all, for the reasons Dire mentioned. I really loved the turn-based combat in these games. I admit that I'm usually very bored by puzzles, though. But the atmosphere and gameplay of the first two, especially the first one, made up for the tediousness of studying long, slow dialogue or flicking little switches back and forth/whatever.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:05 PM

I thought the turn-based combat got pretty tedious. I liked Fallout 1 a lot, but towards the end of the game combat was purely an exercise in shooting people in the eyes from 25 hexes away with a turbo plasma rifle (twice per turn, naturally) and hoping they didn't critical hit you because that was the only way they could do any damage worth a damn through hardened Brotherhood armor. The story was a ton of fun, and exploring was cool, but the battles got kinda old.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 PM

It's using the Oblivion engine and is for PC, 360, and PS3, so I doubt that it'll be turn based like the first two simply due to lack of sales.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 AM

Isometric games are some of my favorite games of all time, and as much as I loved the turn based aspect of Fallout, I'm prepared to deal with a fully 3D/Real-time combat game - which I believe it's most likely to be.

What really made fallout was the setting, the violence, the humor, grittiness, etc. If they keep that then I will be happy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Fallout that was just like the others, but it's been 10 years and at this point my feeling is that some fallout is better than no fallout.