Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: fold 22 preflop?

Well, I'' take my chances against SB's raising. But then again, I would sure raise 22 preflop first.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:59 AM

I'd have raised it first in, but this is an easy fold. We clearly don't have the implied odds, or the dead $ from BB to make this a call

Crovax
Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the more I play, the more I'm not so sure blindly raising every pocket pair from every position is the best way for how many tables play. If the table is full of people who are going to call I don't really see a point in raising the very small pocket pairs up front, when 90% of the time you're going to end up with 2+ calls behind you and having to play out of position. Ya you increase the pot size for when you hit, blah blah. Personally I've had most of my luck with getting paid with sets when someone else has the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really agree with this. I think some people just raise pf with any pocket pair regardless of their position and how the table is playing. I think it is good at tight tables, but not nesseccarily that good at tables full of calling stations.

Like the other week a posted a hand i was playing at a loose table. There were 2 limpers so i just completed the SB with my pocket 7s. Really dont see much point in raising here where I know I'm going to get a call and end up oop in a raised pot with a hand that isn't great unless I flop a set.

Real value comes when you flop a set vs overpairs. Say you open raise with a small pocket pair, and someone with aces sticks in a big reraise, you should probably fold (or not depending on how deep you both are). Now we just lost our chance to bust his aces if we flop a set.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Real value comes when you flop a set vs overpairs. Say you open raise with a small pocket pair, and someone with aces sticks in a big reraise, you should probably fold (or not depending on how deep you both are). Now we just lost our chance to bust his aces if we flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then are you open limping with it or folding?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 AM

PP's probably contribute about 2/3 of my winrate. If opponents could possibly put me on a small pocket every time I raise a bunch of limpers in SB it would probably be half that.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Probably just limp, I sometimes raise. It depends on my position at the table, how loose the other players at the table are ect...
I'm just saying you shouldn't always open raise or always open limp. You should do what is best at the time at the table your at.

It's nice to show down a small - medium pocket pair after you have raised pf. It makes it a bit more likely ppl will call you with hands like AT when you have them dominated raising with AK / AQ.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the more I play, the more I'm not so sure blindly raising every pocket pair from every position is the best way for how many tables play. If the table is full of people who are going to call I don't really see a point in raising the very small pocket pairs up front, when 90% of the time you're going to end up with 2+ calls behind you and having to play out of position. Ya you increase the pot size for when you hit, blah blah. Personally I've had most of my luck with getting paid with sets when someone else has the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. the whole point in raising any low pocket pairs in any position is for set value, if you flop it your going to get paid off really big specially if you say theres 4+ calling stations calling behind or whatever... this would encourage me to raise it up even more as the implied odds will be great.

big pots for big hands.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So then, Bishop, if you are just calling the four bucks here, what are you going to do when the first raiser reraises it to 20 or pushes all in to isolate Mister 13 bucks? Whether its 22, 33, 44, 55 or whatever here, folding here is a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at you - read the whole post before you respond before you start flaming you cretin.

2nd response in the thread i say this is the most standard fold we're likely to see today. moran.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 PM

Learn how to spell moron before you use it in conversation. Misspelling it is tellingly ironic.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:09 PM

OP the title of your thread is awesome DUCY