Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Default My Saturday!! (NC)

I would post this TR in the NC thread, but I think it's going to get locked soon. Also, I am way too good for that thread.

My dad has always had a very eclectic group of friends. I'm not sure why, but he seems to know all sorts of folks. One of his friends is Bruce Weiner who is a true balla (much moreso than most poker players). He purchased a company that manufactured Dubble Bubble bubblegum (Concord Conefctions) in the 80s and recently sold it for $250M. Over the years, he has been acquiring these things called Micro Cars. He has the largest collection of these things in the world (appx 300?) and operates a musem (http://www.microcarmuseum.com/).

We're there at the farm with the police chief of Fulton County, his deputy, and Bruce's gunsmith. Apparently my dad is friends with all of them, which will come in handy when I'm eventually arrested. The last time my dad went to this guy's place there were about twenty police chiefs from Israel there for some reason (didn't ask) and as such, Bruce let a few people drive some of the cars, including my dad. I believe that one of the guests wrecked one of the cars, so this time no one got to drive the cars. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Apparently these cars are all worth hella money, despite their size. I believe one of them was worth like $75,000. Bruce had eight.

Down the street from the museum is his farm where he has a shooting range. Bruce also has a very extensive gun collection, including many machine guns, hand guns, grenade launchers, pen guns, flashlight guns, and a cannon! The pride of his collection is a G-something that was used in WWI. There are either eight or two left in the world (forget) and Bruce bought his for $120,000. That is balla.

Anyway, we grab some guns that we want to shoot and go to the shooting range with some explosive pellet things (forgot what the chemical is called, but it comes in a bottle and starts with a "T"). We then set up an Israeli machine gun

and shoot at the bottles that we set up on posts. They explode and it is awesome.

I also got to shoot an MP5 (aka Navy SEAL gun), an M60

[edit- the guy in cammo is Bruce's gunsmith.]

an automatic Glock handgun, and a Tommy gun (like the mobsters!).

We then went up to the gun room (in a sickkk vault) and got out the M-16 with a grenade launcher and I launched a grenade into the lawn next to some trees and buildings.

Bruce then got out his cannon and put a tomato can filled with concrete in it and made it explode.

We all went out to lunch at this fantastic BBQ place in Madison, GA (hour outside ATL, and an hour till Augusta) that was divine. It was your standard screenporch, dirty, benches Southern BBQ place. Just fantastic.

Then we went home.

That night I had a $25 Limit HORSEament with ex-2p2ers easypete and some others. These were the guys who taught me how to play poker in the very beginning. I'm a lot better than they are now, however.

Started out the tourney playing every hand in the Hold 'Em rounds, as they are all very tight and fold way too much. Doubled my starting 1500 into 3000 when, in the second round of Omaha/8, I get into a big pot with O/8 expert (I am not very good at O/8). I flop a set and it's clear that he has a low. I c/r to clear the field (big pot on the flop), bet the turn, and c/c the river when it completes a flush draw. He had nuts x2. That takes me down a bit, but luckily I own at Razz. When we consolidate to two tables, I've got about $5k, which is way above average. Blinds start to get high and we lose a lot of people.

We get to the final three and I've got about $7k, O/8 xprt has $8k, and tight/passive guy has like $3k (#s are obv off). Anyway, I had been owning at HE, folding a lot in O/8, and now it's time for Razz. I forget what the bring-in/antes were, but the bets were $1000/$2000. As I said, blinds got high because these guys were all a bunch of nits and lame and didn't bust quickly.

First hand I get dealt 2(A8) and I'm Button. I raise, 0/8 3-bets with a 4 showing, TP folds, and I cap. I don't really know how to play this game, but I do know that I have like 4 bets left and I have an excellent hand. I get dealt a 3 and he gets dealt an 8. He bets and I raise all-in (only $3k left, but it is limit poker). He obv calls and shows 2358. I've got A238 and catch a 4. He gets a high card. I blank out, he gets a 4. Last card he catches a 7 and I don't, so I'm out. I say, "Razz is gay," and everyone agrees. I get $50 for my troubles.

Afterwards we play a .25/.50 with a kill. I buyin for $100 (obv) and procede to tilt the hell out of the nits. First hand I play, I cap blind and showdown blind and win the hand with a set. I play probably a 50/30 game, but with WAY expert post-flop play. I was so on last night it was freaking ridic. I was value-betting 4th pair on the river (correctly), making sickk folds, and just dominating. When $68 in a couple hours for total domination. No one else won any $$$$$$$. Yes, I am the best at poker.

I got home late and was woken up early this morning (like 11) to go to Big Canoe (GA mtns) to visit my aunt/uncle for Christmas stuff. I was angry and listened to Pinkerton straight through twice.

holla!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: My Saturday!! (NC)

[ QUOTE ]
I've got A236 and catch a 4. He gets a high card. I blank out, he gets a 4. Last card he catches a 7 and I don't, so I'm out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, WTF? Nothing with a 7 in it beats 6432A in Razz. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've got A236 and catch a 4. He gets a high card. I blank out, he gets a 4. Last card he catches a 7 and I don't, so I'm out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, WTF? Nothing with a 7 in it beats 6432A in Razz. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops. 6 = 8.

edit- fixed in op.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:50 PM

razz = crappest cards win?

someone take me through it again pls...

H old'em - duh
O maha 8(?) - this is the one where you can win high and low pots? low pot is the crappest hand under 8 high. high pot is the best hand. having a wheel is sweet. yah?
R azz - crappest hand wins?
S tud 7 - i can play that one ("play" = know the rules). 7 cards, best 5 card poker hand wins.
E ummmm, hang on, is this Ohmaha Eight and the O is just regular Ohmaha?

this is why i cant play HORSE...

PS. nice storey, needs more dragons.

PPS. the pic where you are holding the m16, it looks like you are just about to go out and shoot up a school.

PPPS. hope there havnt been any recent school shootings in the states, else i look like an arse.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 PM

Hold-em, Omaha-8, Razz (7-stud lowball), Stud-Hi, Eight or better stud
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Lol. I told you.
Go YouTube!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 AM

srlsy,

what does that mean?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 AM

t,

how does my ass look in pic 1?

eagerly,

j
Old 01-08-2007, 01:59 AM

Wow. This thread is going to be such a photoshop gold mine someday.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit that you've got a nice ass for a skinny white boy.

(edit: dammit, shadow, you sort of beat me to the punch on this observation. i knew i shouldn't have betrayed my presence in the thread!)

Also, this pic is so adorable for some reason:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's stuff like this:

[ QUOTE ]
It was your standard screenporch, dirty, benches Southern BBQ place. Just fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

that reminds me why we put with your, um, eccentricities. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
in the second round of Omaha/8, I get into a big pot with O/8 expert (I am not very good at O/8). I flop a set and it's clear that he has a low. I c/r to clear the field (big pot on the flop), bet the turn, and c/c the river when it completes a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played this backwards. I'd need to see the hand, but i would rather build a big pot with a set than knock out opponents, especially if the low is already there.

[ QUOTE ]

I say, "Razz is gay,"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

and everyone agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that it is kinda true about razz.

[ QUOTE ]

I was angry and listened to Pinkerton straight through twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

top 3 tracks:

3. across the sea
2. getchoo
1. the good life

yours?

(i'd probably give different ones if i did it again some other time.)

extra bonus pinkerton fun: sing "pink triangle" in the voice of Homestar Runner. car and shower are best:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wheeeeen i'm singlw wong enouuuuuugh
i stawt to wook awound fow woooooooove...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]