Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Turn fold

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to BB.

River: : (15.25BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 14.25BB

villain is 53/22/1.5,2.8,1.0 with a 7.1% c/r and a 34 WTSD over 122 hands. i haven't been paying attn because 5/10 is boring and wreaking havoc on 2p2 is much more entertaining.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Turn fold

raising the turn makes no sense at all to me. most of co's range you have beat, he'll call one but not two, you probably have him drawing to 2-3 outs. BB cold calls and then leads when an open ender hit, after you show all this strength. I think you're a dog here honestly, just call down.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM

BB's cold-call on the flop &amp; turn donk looks a bit suss.
I'm not a big fan of the r/f line on a big street so I tend to take a call &amp; see approach here.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:09 AM

I'd just call this down. He's donking the turn into what clearly appears to be a QQ+ hand in addition to two other players. You might convince yourself that his line is so strong that you could just fold the turn right there. But getting 11-1, you have 4 speculative outs that you can conceive of, so c&gt;f&gt;r.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 AM

You didn't fold and you should have cut the action before your turn raise.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 AM

eh? i did fold. i thought it was a pretty obv t9.

why should i cut off the action?

i think if i call turn, river i'm almost certianly losing at sd. if i raise and get called then i'm winning a lot more. if i get raised, then i have an ez fold.

holla.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i think if i call turn, river i'm almost certianly losing at sd. if i raise and get called then i'm winning a lot more. if i get raised, then i have an ez fold.

holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold is kinda easy since he cold called the flop and bet 3bet the turn its either 10 9 a set or a flopped two pair that chose not to cap the flop for some reason. The majority of this range has u drawing dead but ur thought process above doesnt make much sense

i dont understand how u lose more often calling down than if u raise? i know what ur trying to get at but its kind of a stupid way to think about the hand and think that this skewed fact makes raising somehow better. u win this pot the same % of the time really if u call down as if u raise (if anything less since u fold with outs vs some 2 pair hands)not only that but u dont win any more bets most likely when u raise and ur hand is good since uve knocked out the third player who is likely drawing somewhat thin.

if u think calling down here is a losing play and ur toast at showdown very often raising certainly cant be better here.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eh? i did fold. i thought it was a pretty obv t9.

why should i cut off the action?

holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range did you give him when he bet the turn?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 AM

i think villain would need to be the type to bet two hearts, here for our raise to be okay. calling down might be better although i can see how a raise would help get HU by knocking out CO so i can see why i might do it in the heat of battle.

i'm sure we're behind but at 1/2, i call down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bbbushu
Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 AM

you put in two bets on the turn to determine you are behind when you could just call down for those same 2 bets and get to a showdown.