Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Re: quick poll

play donkaments/omaha8b for a while.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 AM

hey-
play on small sites that do not support pokertracker.
its funner. play whatever limit interests you. if you're playing for fun, play whatever. if you're playing for money, play 5/10. if you're playing for confidence, play 3/6. you know by now that at limits less than 5/10 they are basically all the same. so, just do what you want.

i also have daily 50+bb swings (at full ring). now, it's possible that i suck -- but i've decided not to let that crap bother me. i mean seriously, i don't suck. inconceivable. i have more important things to do than worry about that. i force myself to simply not care about 50bb (you like that split infinitive biatch, yeah, what). it's only 5% of my bankroll, and the only reason i'm down 50bb at all is because i choose to stop playing right now. i dunno, it helps with the frustration somewhat. now, to important things - lemme see your grill.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason i'm down 50bb at all is because i choose to stop playing right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

OTHERWISE YOU'D BE DOWN 100BB LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 07:24 PM

If you have 1000bb for the $20 game then you should not step below 3/6 at anything. You probably won't take it seriously.

I've personally started to look into *gasp* pot limit holdem. No two card-poker like in nl, but you can still double up on the river. very cool stuff IMO.

Also, try learning some split pot games like omaha 8 and stud 8. They'll twist your brain in a different direction, and you can avoid half of the variance associated with non-split pot games by chop chop chopping with your never ending rain of nut-low hands.