Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: deeeeep 50-100, 2 part heads up hand.

[ QUOTE ]
someone explain why 3balling the flop is even a good play vs this villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks super super bluffy on a board this dry and if he's Cring for value with AJ, how can he fold to this
Old 11-29-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks super super bluffy on a board this dry and if he's Cring for value with AJ, how can he fold to this

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf do YOU do with AJ? Or how about A 10?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

call and check turn
Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 PM

i dont like 3 betting the flop. by just calling his raise, you can represent a much wider range of weaker hands (Acerag, 99 - kk), and you can extract more from him. if you three bet and he pushes, i think you have to muck it. if he he calls your 3 bet on the flop, what is our action on the turn? fold if he pot leads on the turn? can we bet the turn if he checks? if we do bet, how much can we bet and still get him to call? i would prefer 3 betting against an aggro player, but i think he gets away from this as described, esp if he is up in the match.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM

i'm sorry but 3betting the flop is frigging horrible with these stacks.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i call flop and check turn at least 90% of the time.

this guy does not necssarily have to do that, and us 3-betting should give away kind of a nuts:air idea with the ratio heavily weighted towards air. additionally, calling looks stronger than 3-betting, and he's probably morelikely to bluff shove with 45 here than he is to fire multiple bullets on the turn and the river.

also, COMPLETELY irrelevant what i would do, there's liek a 60%+ chance that this guy can just raise AT or any ace for value here, or raise it if he's got Ax with no future plan, he's a random as far as i know.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:22 PM

what i'm saying is taht i can't imagine it not being viable to 3-bet to 3450 once in a while
Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what i'm saying is taht i can't imagine it not being viable to 3-bet to 3450 once in a while

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but I wouldnt do it against people who dont bluff raise as much as most in this level as it says in the OP. Calling has to be the best flop play.

Im good with betting the turn but only if you can fold happily to the check raise because if you really don't know what to do betting is bad. Besides, its unlikely you get two more streets of value out of a majority of his range, and you can possibly catch some river bluffs as well.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM

HEK I dont understand. So youre saying if we 3b the flop he never calls with a worse hand? So he folds like 90% of his range here? Hmm maybe you should be 3b bluffing more in this spot then. Like everytime someone crs. The only reason i WOULDNT 3b here is if I think he will fire some more shells with hands like 45 etc. But on a board this dry he will prolly give up with his air bluffs (or he should), so I think 3b the flop has more value. Also, I think Ive seen ansky post that he does 3ball air sometimes on flops vs ppl who raise the flop a lot, so he prolly can get a worse hand to call here. One more thing, I think it was jfish who said that he is bloating pots oop with marginal hands and we need to punish him for that. It will make him easier to play against in the future because he will be more passive with his ace hands in the future, thus narrowing his CR range, so we can play better in the big pots.

-Mike

-Mike
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM

i think flop is fine, now i bet turn... ansky i watched some of this match and agree that w/ the way it was going, if he c/r turn you should prob get away from this. anyhow that hand where you flopped top set and he rivered the straight was just sick... is that the same guy on stars that is primarily a MTT guy?