Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

in the end raptor has owned this thread no one need say anymore.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM

The thing you guys don't understand is the reason top live pros are so good is because they actually learned how to play poker online before it even existed!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing you guys don't understand is the reason top live pros are so good is because they actually learned how to play poker online before it even existed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kamikatze's pictures:

[x] ultra lolz.

This picture:

[x] ultra non lolz
Old 11-23-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
online players are able to adjust to the live play
skill set fairly easily, while the converse doesn't seem
to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

REKONIZE THE TRUTH!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limon,
They are bad had mixed games because for the most part they never play them. This does not mean they lack the ability to be good at those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limon then claimed that players could once pick up games incredibly quickly and now cannot.

He's probably right, but that skill isn't prized online, so it's irrelevant. It's also true that players have played SO much NL hold'em and focused entirely on that that having a similar mastery over another game would be damn near impossible.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To us it's absolutely obvious that the best online players are better than the live ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats because you are all deluding yourselves. You guys are so pathetic you dont even realize that online poker is NOT poker!
The fact is personalities count a lot. You can be a ruthless bully online but live you are scared of all those guys and you play like a complete nit.
Jman - do I need to say more.

Patrick does not count because he made the TRANSITION from online to live.
People who continously play online and say they are making millions - they are online poker players not real poker players.
The online scene will dry up soon too ..

Good luck believing you are the greatest when NO ONE even knows who you are!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how stupid you sound.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 AM

This has all been very interesting but its obvious that top 20 was being too optimistic. Let's ask about top 50 next time.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can u stop thinking u know something about me or who i played againts ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Most people on this board have strong opinions about games they've never played, so it is usually a fair assumption, but perhaps it doesn't apply to you. I in no way based my assumption on your 2+2 post count or longevity, just statistics. You seem okay to make assumptions about me, even though you don't know me either, and my own poker skill is irrelevant here.

[ QUOTE ]
and it seems u just don't want to get it, so i'll try to make it easier for u.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you "get it" either, so okay. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not talking about finding ways to "make money", for 1 second forget about the money ! i'm talking about doing something and become best at it. ... do u think that when Roger Federer started to play tennis he thought about money as a 10 years boy ? he just worked hard, and deticated himself to the goal, but it wasn't money, the money just came along with the seccess and not the other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most pro athletes have less fun playing sports for a living than they did when they weren't pros. Guys are playing for money all the time. There's no way they'd go through the crap they do if it were just about the challenge, and some of them have openly stated this (often after they're done playing). Do you really think that all NFL players are putting their bodies through the pain for pride? What about boxers that refuse to retire even when it is extremely clear that they're not legit contenders any more?

I also disagree with your premise that most great poker players have always been motivated primarily by cash. In order to play astronomical amounts of hands and move up to making big dollaz, those players spent a lot of time at low levels just trying to get better. And a lot of them spent a ton of time thinking and trying to improve because of the challenge. You don't make enough money early enough in poker for people to stick with it if ALL they want is money.

People play tennis for fun all the time. People often try to get good at sports that have no interest in going pro. It is totally standard for someone to begin something purely for the challenge and then as the money gets bigger start thinking more about the money, and it is arguably their RESPONSIBILITY to do this if they have a family.

[ QUOTE ]
ohh, and watch "scarface", you will see what will happen to if you keep thinking that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Are you really claiming that investment bankers, for example, inevitably end up being murdered?