Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Philadelphia Home Game

I'll start coming again I promise...after I get into grad school [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edited real quick, want to get permission from Brian before I post it.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Trip report!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and my brother showed up a little early, cdhockey (Chris) who I've played with before at my own game came and we all sat and talked for a few minutes (an essential part of the pre-game, makes it less awkward when they show you a bluff), and then, I can't remember the fellows name, maybe Sanford, yeah, that sounds about right, showed up and we started playing 5 handed.

I can't really remember any big hands going on here (and even for the hands later in the night, the big ones I remember are the ones I was involved in, so its a biased TR :P ) But I do remember me trying to bluff a lot, and getting called a lot.

Anthony showed up a while later (Brian found both he and Sanford on meetup (or whatever its called?) sporting a cast on his right arm. He may have had bad luck on the motorcycle, but lemme tell you, he had some incredible luck in the game. I don't think he lost a hand for the first 2 hours of the game, and he played a bunch of them too. Big pairs, flopped flushes, he had it all. He's a swell guy though, so we didn't mind losing to him. Anyways, obviously, I stacked off to him semi-bluffing an open ended straight draw on the flop.

A few minutes after this, Ryan and Esection arrived, whereupon the game got nice and loose. Me, Chris and Esection (Matt) were straddling, re-straddling, and re-re-straddling, and defending too, haha. I was loving it; mad ruspekt to the fellow straddlers. I will admit, I hadn't straddled until Matt questioned my level of bitchdom, and then I HAD to straddle.

With all these straddles going on, I was able to rob a bunch of 8-way limped pots, and eventually I was back to around $35, just down $5, when me and Anthony both hit our flushes on the turn (mine the better) and I managed to double through, basically. It was an exciting moment, a moment of hope, the kind of moment that was deserving of some LOTR type music. He could be beaten it appeared. I think that was the first or second pot he lost, for real, after maybe 2-3 hours of play (I think Chris beat him a pot too, its hard to remember)

Somewhere in the night, Russ showed up. Russ likes to play big pots, and he likes to bluff big and bet his hands big. For some reason, he always ends up trying to bluff me out of a huge pot, and I read him perfectly, and it never works. I don't remember the hand exactly, but I had 32o, hit a 2 on the flop, and ended up calling him down for about $30. I was happy, he was fairly angry. What can ya do?

After a while, Anthony was getting low on chips and went all in on the flop, with a K and two random diamonds. I had Ax of diamonds, called the $20 (I think there was something like $50 in the pot already, I figured I was about 40% to win, it was a questionable call, no doubt, Brian said as much too) but at this point I was up over a hundo anyways, and I didn't mind gambling really. In any case, he had the K of diamonds and another diamond, so I was about 40%, but hey, I hit my card on the turn, and that was all she wrote.

Overall, I finished with about $160, so I made about $120. I can't remember who else won. I think Russ ended up about $5, Chris was +$80 I think, Brian finished dead even, Ryan, Anthony, Sanford, Matt, and my brother busted out.

In any case, it was a fun night as usual, Brian ran a tight ship, the game went smoothly, and it was a pleasure meeting the new players.

Obviously, this is the game from my point of view, what limited memory I have of it. I encourage anyone else to post about it, maybe Brian, you can write about the hand you played (jk), Chris, I know you bluffed me a couple times...Esection, you can write about immasculating me, challenging the size of my straddle.

Taso

(I've never written a TR before, sorry if this sucks)
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM

I spoke too soon...

Not bad for a first one.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip report!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Short version: Fold Fold Fold. Being card dead at a loose-aggressive game suuucks.

Long Version:

Everyone was very friendly and good-sported, even with a few new faces. There was a ton of absurd raises, straddling, re-straddling, and re-buying going on, with close to 1500x BB in the pot by the end of the night. I believe a young Penn Student was quoted as saying "I just can't take 10c/20c seriously". Touche.

Unfortunately, I saw three pocket pairs all night, the highest being sixes. I got paid off nicely with AJ in the BB when I medium-played (in between fast-play and slow-play) top-pair and turned trips on an otherwise very dry board against someone with A4 and no hand reading skills to speak of.

Other hands of note:
I limp-reraised a tilting medium stack all-in from UTG with AQ when he made an absurd open raise from MP. Lost ensuing coin-flip against his 88.

EP 3.5x BB raise, MP pot-sized 3-bets, two people call (see, LAGGY). I pot-sized 4/bet with AK in the BB. Disgusted folds ensue. Woulda been so much more balla if I had rags.

Until next time,

Nads
Old 11-09-2007, 09:48 AM

The game in question was very well run and a very enjoyable time. For being 10c/20c it seemed to play more like 25c/50c toward the end of the night. Surprised to see the amount of action. Many pots exceeding 45-50 dollars. Towards the end of the night a raise of 10-12BB would not be uncommon. Very loose and aggressive and fun. Music in the background added a nice touch also.

Taso, as for bluffing, i believe i only bluffed you off of 2 pots, both small and insignificant. Payback is coming for the bluff you pulled late in the night on me. Nads - big props to the game, well run.
Chris
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM

TR

Game is well run

There is a really chill lounge with sweet music

Taso was a bitch about straddling until i called him out

I lose 300BB in like 40 minutes

I give around 250 to Anthony drawing dead on the flop and knowing it

Im excited for 0.25/0.50 next week

Taso makes mad bank, but does not disprove

[ QUOTE ]
Taso is really bad everyone should go and take his monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

jk lol
Old 11-09-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Taso was a bitch about straddling until i called him out

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...F that noise.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 AM

I would like to get info about this and similar games. I live in East Germantown and work in Upper Darby. Please PM me or something... Thanks!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 AM

NYCnative,

I don't know what Brian is doing with his games as of now, he mentioned a brief hiatus, and also possibly a sunday game, you'll have to talk to him about it.

I am having a game at my place Monday night, .10/.20 cash game, $20 max buy in, $5 min, from 7:30-12. The games tend to play bigger than .10/.20, and are mostly for fun, etc. I'm at 7th and Spring Garden (ish, will give more details in a PM)

Please send a PM with your cell # or AIM address and email if you want to come (goes for everyone, not just NYC) I'm from Long Island, by the way.
Closed Thread