Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-14-2006, 04:26 PM

Default package travel deals to vegas

never seen this asked before, and package deals may be more popular in certain markets than others.

but if i want to come to vegas for either a week or 2 weeks (pretty sure that's overkill) to mostly play daily tournaments, am i smart to look into all-inclusives with airfare and hotel included?

i'm thinking i won't want to play enough cash games to get any kind of poker rates (and of course the tournaments probably won't qualify for special rates).

did an internet search though, and package deals seem more to caribean and mexico than to vegas (i remember package deals to vegas from years ago, but maybe it's popular enough now that the rooms fill up normally).

thanks in advance... if i go the other route, and just do hotel and airfare separately, i'll just do a search of the forum.

thanks in advance!! (and i guess the airfare/hotel separately maximizes flexibility)
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: package travel deals to vegas

I recently got a package deal to Vegas on Expedia which saved me some bucks on air/hotel. If Southwest flies in your area, you may also want to check out swavacations.com. They're advertising a Las Vegas sale on their home page and I know they have killer deals to Reno (depending on your city of departure).
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 PM

Give me the city your flying from, date ranges and number of travelers and I'll see if I can come up with some good prices for you...
Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Everytime I've ever compared a package deal to just buying airfare and hotel and car separately, it was either the same price or cheaper to book separately. Doesn't hurt to look for package deals. But then compare against doing the reservations directly through the airlines, hotels, and car rental companies and compare. And if you book through the hotels directly, they don't make you prepay for your whole stay, AND you can keep checking back as your travel date approaches to see if the price drops and rebook at the lower rate if it does--I've saved $30/night by doing this after booking a month in advance at, say $110/night and then finding the online price listed at $80/night 2 weeks later.