Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: *Official* HSP 8/21

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what makes up the prop bets the players are tracking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Gabe was saying the producers should squash the prop bets in the next season, but I think they're fine. They should just make them less mysterious. I've never seen somebody hold a menu of prop bets before. What's on that menu?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the last episode I heard Doyle say something which suggested one of the props was betting on the ranks of the cards on each flop. Doyle had something like 9,5,2 and Eli had something like T,5,4.

I'm sure there are many more props.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:37 AM

forrest took hansen's chair.. gus is leaving already?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what makes up the prop bets the players are tracking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel gives a pretty thorough explanation of the props in his blog.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gus looked like he was striking up a conversation with the barmaid during the previews when they show Forrest walking in! LOL
Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He seemed pretty intent on tapping one of those cocktail servers. He won a monster. Time to lay some pipe.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 AM

I loved AJ Benza on John Juanda: "He looks like the bad man from the James Bond films." And he so does.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved AJ Benza on John Juanda: "He looks like the bad man from the James Bond films." And he so does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never knew Juanda was a high ball big time large balla. What was with his interview when he said something about how he was willing to play because they were playing high stakes. Something about how the game was big enough to suit him.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What? Eli has the best hand with a weak ace? Is the card display wrong or is the announcing just wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

He mispoke and not only that but later on he miscalled again on another hand. It was kind of odd since they only do this after the taping. Another odd thing in this show were the percent graphics showing both Gus and Daniel at 0% while the other 2 or 3 had some percentages there on the J hand. It was only after everyone folded to them that the 100% tie graphic popped up. That was simply a piss poor job of producing.

Overall this episode lacked any real oomph but it may be a bridge to a more high stakes style of play with Juanda, Grey and Lindgren sitting down. After all, Lindgren's call of another $105,000 on his first hand with only a draw was something that almost no one else on this show has done. Shows that he has a lot of gamble and that makes for good TV.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What? Eli has the best hand with a weak ace? Is the card display wrong or is the announcing just wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

He mispoke and not only that but later on he miscalled again on another hand. It was kind of odd since they only do this after the taping. Another odd thing in this show were the percent graphics showing both Gus and Daniel at 0% while the other 2 or 3 had some percentages there on the J hand. It was only after everyone folded to them that the 100% tie graphic popped up. That was simply a piss poor job of producing.

Overall this episode lacked any real oomph but it may be a bridge to a more high stakes style of play with Juanda, Grey and Lindgren sitting down. After all, Lindgren's call of another $105,000 on his first hand with only a draw was something that almost no one else on this show has done. Shows that he has a lot of gamble and that makes for good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do sorta agree with what somebody else said about running it twice. I do like watching the action in true form. If they really run it twice, then I like to see them run it twice. On the other hand, it would be more interesting if they weren't given that option. Several times running it twice has split the pot. Without that option, we'd have seen some people lose some massive pots, which would probably either result in:

1) them busting and moping away from the table to be replaced, or

2) them tilting from losing such a monster.

Like, what if EDog had lost that beast?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 AM

I would rather watch real high stakes poker, then "better tv"

Real high stakes poker involves running it twice, insurance, prop bets, and mixed games a lot of the time. To make it "better tv" by taking out the running it twice option, you might as well call it the World High Stakes Poker Tour.