Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 AM

Default New STT Stucture: 10 pays 5 equal payout.,

Hello,

Basically it is a $11 buy in stt then the top 5 get $20. THis is basically like a sat but with cash prizes. I went nearly busto had $2 left in my account. I wanted to build my backroll with out much variance. I found these stt's and thought that they would be the least variance way of building a backroll. Has anyone any thoughs on the these I have played 10 so far and only lost 1. I find that there is a lot of limping pre flop at all stages and not much raising. I have nearly been caught out a few times when people have limped with aa and just called down. The way I have been playing so far is to just play really tight and let people knock themself out. If I get a fairly big chip lead early I just virtuall sit out and only play AA. These have been some people who have bought in and just sat out the whole time and got in the money. Do you think these are a good investment or you think I should just play the normal STTs.

Mark.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: New STT Stucture: 10 pays 5 equal payout.,

if you can buy in, not play and get paid for doing so that sounds quite goot
Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 AM

sounds like free moneys too me
Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 AM

what site is this on?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 AM

Ladbrokes are offering them along with several other unique format sit and go's.

Such as the 1st and last place equal payout, where first player out gets half prizepool, and the winner gets the other half.

The 10 pays 5 are very easy to cash in and a very secure way of bankroll building if you have the patience.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 AM

How many buyins at each level do you think you need for these stt's. Do you think 6 buy ins at each level would be enough?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Such as the 1st and last place equal payout, where first player out gets half prizepool, and the winner gets the other half.

[/ QUOTE ]

These last more than one hand how?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had not seen these before rules below.

Both Ends SnG Tournaments
Our new 'Both Ends' Sit and Go tournaments are available now at a variety of stake levels. Finish at either end and you will win 50% of the prize pool. Will you sit tight and go for 1st place or throw your chips in first hand and hope to get knocked out before the rest? It's up to you but your choice of strategy could be crucial if you are to going to land the money in first or last place. 'Both Ends' rules found below:

Each tournament starts once 8 players have registered.

First and last places win 50% of the prize pool each

Players receive 1,000 chips, blinds are 5 minutes and there is a 20 second response time.

Seats are randomly assigned and there will be no changes allowed.

At the start of the tournament, poker players will high card for the button. One card is dealt face up to all players, the player with the highest card by suit starts on the button.

If two or more players are eliminated in the same hand, the player with the most chips at the start of the hand will be placed higher. If the chips are tied then the player closest to the button will be placed higher and the furthest away from it will therefore be placed lower . The player on the button is deemed to be furthest away from it and will be placed lowest if eliminated when the chips are tied.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These last more than one hand how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the rules the button would win if eveyone got knocked out on the first hand. So you should only be going all in with a bad hand if you are on the button.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many buyins at each level do you think you need for these stt's. Do you think 6 buy ins at each level would be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. Never had a big downswing, have you? I just ran 10,000 simulations of 10,000 games using ROI simulator. Even if you finish ITM 80% of the time (unrealistically high), you are extremely likely to have a 6-8 buyin downswing.