Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

Default fast playing rolled SH

Despite the beat, what are your views?...obviously I cant get anyone out of the hand.

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (16.92 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises $2 to $5 and is all-in
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (11.79 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (17.79 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (20.79 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (22.79 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $136.75 Main pot $68.75. Side pot $65. | Rake $3

Seat 1: [Ac Jc 6c Ad 3h 9c Qc] (a flush, Ace high)

Hero: [Td Th Tc 5c 4d As 2h]

Seat 3: [9h 9d 8c 7h 8d Kd Kh]

</font>
Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: fast playing rolled SH

Is this at stars? Holy crap they're bad
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 PM

nothing else you could do. Once seat 1 has aces, he isnt going anywhere....sucks when you are rolled up and lose.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 PM

If you had slowplayed your hand (not saying that one play is preferred or more correct over the other), but I'm just saying that a lot of times when players do slowplay their big hands, that by the time they decide to drop the ball, it's too late. You made every bet expensive, you charged them the maximum to draw out on you. They didn't know you were rolled up. The player was fortunate in this hand and outdrew you. That's poker. I'm sure you would like to be in that position every time if given the opportunity, right? Well, then don't sweat it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 PM

so are you telling me its correct to call your aces on 5th after a capped 3rd and a raise on 5th?
apparently seat 3 was either on tilt or fed up with loosing and gave it a shot and I cant even imagine what seat 6 was calling with, 3 spades were allready out (more likely though had 3flush on 3rd and called 1bb on 4th to try his luck on 5th, then bet his 4flush on 5th and chased i guess), but really now is a pair of aces worth calling all the way here(obviously he had no idea what seat 3 was on)
Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 AM

Jam fourth. The pot's big enough that I wouldn't mind taking it down right then and there one bit. They called a cap on third. Why wouldn't they call a cap on fourth?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 AM

I would have kept firing on 4th. They're damn determined to get all their money in as an underdog, so help them.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so are you telling me its correct to call your aces on 5th after a capped 3rd and a raise on 5th?
apparently seat 3 was either on tilt or fed up with loosing and gave it a shot and I cant even imagine what seat 6 was calling with, 3 spades were allready out (more likely though had 3flush on 3rd and called 1bb on 4th to try his luck on 5th, then bet his 4flush on 5th and chased i guess), but really now is a pair of aces worth calling all the way here(obviously he had no idea what seat 3 was on)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i'm pretty sure if you showed him your cards he would fold, if thats what you are asking.