Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

They always did the 10k... meh. I'm on life tilt enough as it is.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 AM

FUNXX: please to be quitting the 3balling. that is all
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miles, how long was your break even/losing run at Stars 5/10? I think 20K is just about nothing in short handed now. Do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

100K hands is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

1million hands is nothing. Shall we continue? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree. I think 1 million hands is a large enough sample size to draw some accurate conclusions about your past winrate. I have no factual evidence to back my opinion up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a million hands is significant. If your theoretical is .5BB/100 with an SD of 20BB/100, being even after this number of hands is about a -2.5 standard deviation event.

[(2.5 * SD per hand)/(expected win per hand)]^2
=(2.5 * 2)/.005]^2
=(5/.005)^2
=1000^2
=1,000,000

Now, if your theoretical was 1BB/100 then this would be highly unlikely... almost impossible. Being even after a million hands would be a 5 standard deviation event.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:02 PM

I started a thread but I'm going to post my question here too.

What method are you guys using to keep your money rotating in to AP? I play a lot on AP because of the Sexy Rakeback and the frequent reload bonuses. My online bankroll is plenty large to sustain a rotation so I always have enough in a couple of sites to play but enough in the ewallet to be ready to jump when any site offers a reload. I'm currently using epassporte but my problem is that I cant get Select status. I'm only allowed to make deposits of $500 and withdrawals of $300. This means every time AP offers a bonus I miss out on a $100 and the small withdrawal limit adds up with the $2 fee. The reason I cant upgrade my Epassporte account is because I cant get a second load option. No Visa card I try is allowed and epassporte wont let me use a second checking account.

So, I know so of you have to be taking full advantage of the AP bonuses. How are you doing it?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 PM

I use epass, but I have the upgraded account and can deposit $1k at a time. You can also use your check card to load onto AP...at least I can. I have 2 different check cards that work.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:32 AM

i use epassport.

I just deposit $500 two times, back to back, with the code both times.

For example, the bonus today, I got $125 on my first 500, and $0 on my second 500

Then you call AP support, tell them you can only deposit in increments of 5oo, and ask them to credit you with the full bonus, 200 total for this one.

This has worked for me
Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 AM

Yeah, I discovered that out today. I'd always just assumed that since they would only allow $500 deposists that there was also a daily limit. I dont understand why they wont let yu deposit more than $500 but you can do it up to 5 times a day. Works out well for me becuase I have to send AP support an email every time I deposit anyway because I dont get an otpion to enter a bonus code. Now I just have to add one more line
Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Oregon are you on an AP skin? Why wouldn't the spot show up?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:52 AM

I have the same problem with the deposit window. One day I left the deposit window open for about 10 minutes by accident and when I came back to my computer, it said my session had timed out. When I logged back in and clicked deposit, the 'enter promotional code' box showed up again. Ive done this one other time and it seems like its the only way that I can get the box to show up.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:31 AM

At $1/$2 my play's gone from:

Pre-BBJ: 1 BB/100 (before RB + bonus)

Post-BBJ: Wouldn't be surprised if I was on the friends lists of the non-BBJ table regulars, i.e. I am teh fish. Even after only 3K hands...

Thought I'd compare the table summary stats, top is before BBJ and bottom is after BBJ, on the non-BBJ tables:

AP 1/2 Table Summary

35.4% table saw flop pct! At 1/2! Is it worth trying to adjust to this or would moving on be more advisable? What's it like up a limit? Quite often the lobby table averages suggest that the $2/$4 games are looser..