Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Stars 5CD daily tourneys (low content)

I've noticed this as well. Standard "old-school" draw players like to play strong hands and trap people who will incorrectly chase with marginal hands and draws who play passively post-swap unless they hit.

I have noticed a number of guys (including a few who have had multiple strong finishes) who will limp in EP with pairs, 2 pair hands, and draws, call a raise if one comes, and then will make pot-sized donk-bets OOP into tight players after the swap (presumably whether they make a hand or not). It does seem like a high variance technique and requires you to have tight players who will lay down hands to your left. I experimented with this technique in a SNG but it doesn't work against calling stations [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 04:18 PM

I cashed in 1 of 2 mulittable tournies. But I had had trouble with the SNGs. Keeping making it 2 third. Seems to me like a lot of variance because once the blinds get up there its somewhat of a crapshoot.

I feel like you have to bluff a lot but, since you have no information on the strength of anyone's hands, you just have to cross your fingers that you're not bluffing at an inopportune time.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:27 PM

I found the SNG's to be pretty easy. Out of 6 players usually 2-3 will donate there chips. However, the tournies Im having trouble with. 3 times I was reraised and the first 2 were bluffs, that makes it difficult to lay down hands to a reraise. I ended up finishing 30th. I had a guy limp from the button and reraise me. I didnt lay down aces and lost to trp 9's. I had never seen that done before and thought for sure it was a bluff. now I know...
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Won the 1:15 today! I knew my time was coming.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job, Nojitsu!

And I knew this board's time was coming -- one of us was going to win one sooner or later. Congrats on being the first of us.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:00 PM

hi, just started playing draw on pokerstars (i think i was playing at the same table as you last night). are these tourneys at pokerstars? if so, how do you find them on the menu?

thanks
Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 PM

PS has game filters, just turn it on for 5 Card Draw and off for everything else and look in Tourney or SnG.

(The SnG's are silly easy to beat)
Old 01-20-2007, 02:45 AM

FLAFISHY,

I am having the same problem. WHen they started spreading the 5 card tourneys I placed in 5 or my first 5 played, and got once third, two 2nds ($3and4hundred respectively), and a teen placing in the last. Since then, I have played then maybe 5 or six times, and busted in 50something place in two, teens in another (small cash), and like within an hour bust the other couple.

Even in the $5 on Friday (yesterday) I busted just outside cashing.

I saw pat straights lose to 2 card draw flushes, one card draw fushes, higher full houses when they drew two to my one e.t.c. It never ends it seems. Back to nlhe for me for a while. Cant deposit anymore so....

JC
Old 01-20-2007, 06:23 AM

hey uve got ME to thank for stars adding 5 card draw tourneys and SNGS. i made a post on neverbeg.com offering stakes in $1.10 SNGS for anyone willing to send me proof they wrote stars asking them to start tournies up for draw and a bunch of them did. problem is im having the most awful luck in these tournies since they started i just cant win and yet im a good player, willing to bet $5 on any of u (if u go thru neverbeg) that i can last longer than u.