Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: Which QB?
Matt Hasselbeck (Seneca Wallace) at Broncos 4 33.33%
Chad Pennington at Packers 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: What are you more likely to do? *Poll*

His low AF + high WTSD means im strongly debating between a 3-bet and a call.. but would lean toward a call.

If his AF was any higher, I insta 3-bet...(And this is to the first poll)
Old 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: MORE POLLS

We have to be able to value bet thin, but if we call all reraises our strategy defeats itself. 3betting QQ we are just asking villain to play worse than we do. He is obviously value betting thin on the end with anything but a T, and should be able to release. If we know that he is both good/aggressive enough to value bet light but bad/loose enough to call reraises anyway then fine. But that strikes me as an odd combination.

Nevertheless these games are obviously looser and more aggo than I am used to so my experience is not applicable.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:09 PM

if the guy is competent at all, why would he now decide to raise 77-99? if a player wanted to put in more bets than call/call/call, why would he wait until the 3-bettor's range is narrowed strongly toward overpairs? it makes no sense at all.

some people are saying "he might have JJ." oh, really? so he just called preflop, got a great flop/turn and just called?

people are saying "he didn't raise flop so he doesn't have Tx." hahaha. he's a (likely multi-tabling) tag 2 off the button and T9s/JT/QT/KT very often just call every street postflop. these hands should really not be discounted much at all based on the flop and turn. and then when he raises the river, bayes it up sir.

waiting to raise the river with 77-99/JJ here is amazingly uncommon. please show me a hand where a guy with reasonable stats did something like that. i doubt you remember one you played recently, because it doesn't happen. however, i bet you can remember a guy calling you down with JT flop+turn+river (river blank) in this hand when you have 99 in the SB. i can't believe you people.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the guy is competent at all, why would he now decide to raise 77-99? if a player wanted to put in more bets than call/call/call, why would he wait until the 3-bettor's range is narrowed strongly toward overpairs? it makes no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The I-need-to-raise-somewhere-but-can't-fold-to-a-turn-3bet line?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The I-need-to-raise-somewhere-but-can't-fold-to-a-turn-3bet-so-I'll-raise-without-an-edge line?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this line and use it often.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some people are saying "he might have JJ." oh, really? so he just called preflop, got a great flop/turn and just called?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I didnt mean there a realistic chance of him JJ. I listed it because I meant "All PP that are under QQ and didnt flop a set." I jsut put that as part of other hands that might do this becuase there is always the off chance someone does something REALLY stupid. We've all seen someone play a over pair completly moronic once.

But how often does he show up with a T here? He should be playing a T almost exactly like he plays JJ, but we're supposed to beleive he rivered trips?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He should be playing a T almost exactly like he plays JJ, but we're supposed to beleive he rivered trips?

[/ QUOTE ]
preflop dude, c'mon.

also you're acting like i'm suggesting folding in the first poll. i'm not. my issue is with anyone saying "easy 3-bet" or "insta 3-bet" with such small qualifiers as "if his AF were higher," "if he were a Party regular," or "but you guys know this limit better." this stuff just rubs my anus the wrong way.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM

lol. Honestly, I'd mean a realistic chance of JJ and havent argued that it wa a likely holding. I list all mid PP's not including the T. If it makes that big a deal I'll edit it out.

I think its just as unlikely he plays a T like this though as you think he plays JJ
Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also you're acting like i'm suggesting folding in the first poll. i'm not. my issue is with anyone saying "easy 3-bet" or "insta 3-bet." these comments bug me because i feel like they aren't serious but are saying these things seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Not at all ?? I dont even remember disagreeing with anything you said. I explained my inclusion of JJ and gave a possible answer to one of your Q's
Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its just as unlikely he plays a T like this though as you think he plays JJ

[/ QUOTE ]
and i think this isn't even close to being true. i expect JJ to play this way almost never (every street), and i expect to see a ten play this way very often. i play a ten this way very often, in fact, and i know several other players who do the same. i just tried to find a thread in which an EP player raises and is reraised by a blind. he proceeds to flop top pair TENS, he raises the flop and calls down the 3-bet. i couldn't find the thread, but i remember the discussion.

can you guess the consensus?

"call all three streets. why are you raising?"