Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: my solution to the gay marriage argument

It's ridiculous that this even needs to be thought about. Government getting into the business of officially "marrying" people is idiotic to begin with, and illustrates the degree to which many people simply don't know how to be happy unless some monolithic organization is micromanaging their lives.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 AM

A person dies without leaving a will. Does government have any role in determining who inherits? Should there be laws in place? If a spouse has a place within those laws, doesn't that mean that government needs to have a definition of marriage?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A person dies without leaving a will. Does government have any role in determining who inherits? Should there be laws in place? If a spouse has a place within those laws, doesn't that mean that government needs to have a definition of marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Default to the good of the state, ldo.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because this argument never gets old:

So the only reason you like women is because your mom loves the [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have a wife because it's the natural order of the universe. Male + Female.

But again, what the hell does this all have to do with tax breaks designed for people who are bringing forth our next generation?

You're gay, we get it. Life isn't fair.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because this argument never gets old:

So the only reason you like women is because your mom loves the [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have a wife because it's the natural order of the universe. Male + Female.

But again, what the hell does this all have to do with tax breaks designed for people who are bringing forth our next generation?

You're gay, we get it. Life isn't fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG! the natural order of the universe is that humans like teh secks.
Simply because one form of this enjoyment results in procreation does not make it moraly diferent or superior in any way.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Simply because one form of this enjoyment results in procreation does not make it moraly diferent or superior in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt about the goddamned debate over whether or not homosexuality is morally acceptable.

This is about gays wanting to tap in to a tax break that was created for people who CAN procreate so when they DO procreate, they can more easily provide for their insanely expensive children.

I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your sexual choices in life. And as long as a vast majority of taxpayers feel the same way (which they do), you're SOL.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt about the goddamned debate over whether or not homosexuality is morally acceptable.

This is about gays wanting to tap in to a tax break that was created for people who CAN procreate so when they DO procreate, they can more easily provide for their insanely expensive children.

I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your sexual choices in life. And as long as a vast majority of taxpayers feel the same way (which they do), you're SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's a good idea but it'll never happen while there's a government. Homophobes like the fact that they can force other people to pay to enforce their personal views.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus I win.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's a good idea but it'll never happen while there's a government. Homophobes like the fact that they can force other people to pay to enforce their personal views.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the EXACT same thing if we were discussing renters who wanted to make their rent payments tax deductible like mortgage interest is.

Would that make me a "rentaphobe?"
Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a spouse has a place within those laws, doesn't that mean that government needs to have a definition of marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Anyone can make a contract with anyone, which specifies leaving their posessions to each other in the event of death. We do not need government to put its official "now you're married" stamp on the foreheads of people for this to work. If people fail to have such a contract in place, then that person would be effectively "single" as far as the law is concerned. The world need not collapse if we're left to figure things out by ourselves.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say the EXACT same thing if we were discussing renters who wanted to make their rent payments tax deductible like mortgage interest is.

Would that make me a "rentaphobe?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like this?

[ QUOTE ]
But a child who grows up with renting parents seems more likely to decide that they feel the same way, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, I have a mortgage because it's the natural order of the universe. Man + Bankloan

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're renting, we get it. Life isn't fair.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your housing choices in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I can see why its exactly the same thing, Your comments as above would have made perfect sense when talking about renting, and don't make you sound homophobic at all