Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Sklansky Bucks - Important Clarification needed

no your not wrong, this board is just full of people who dont understand poker or anything related to it
Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 AM

For once the new poster is actually right.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Settle this Poker Theory / Sklansky bucks debate

I'm presuming that each all in for 100BB (that seems to be implied in your post)

If we don't know the results of each hand, then the ev of both players over this seqeunce of hands is 0.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm presuming that each all in for 100BB (that seems to be implied in your post)

If we don't know the results of each hand, then the ev of both players over this seqeunce of hands is 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay seriously explain this to me

Lets pretend that player A and B know each others hands so that the player with the kings makes a -EV play (Because it's obviously not +EV if he knows the other player has AA)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously a hypothetical question. The players do not know their opponents hands.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is exactly the thing NoTurns, BB do not matter at all. BB is deceiving because it can be .02 or $2000. It is not constant. Whereas dollars is always a constant measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it can matter, it is a matter of perspective. And since your question was which player was running well, neutral or bad, BB (imho) is all that matters, and $ is not.

Furthermore, you don't need any calculations to see the EV $-wise for both players is neutral. This is because of the simple fact the less likely event happened 10 times in a row and then the likely event happened 1 time at exactly stakes 10 times as much. This little "trick" doesn't change the fact one player was running good and one player was running bad.

If you analyze your own game to see if you are running well or just got lucky, you will most definately draw the wrong conclusions if you only look at $ and say the BB are irrelivant. Theoretically you then should draw the conclusion that going allin with KK vs AA is nothing more than a coinflip. Do you see why? If that's the case (but I'm guessing it's not, for your sake)...I would really like to see you at my tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed. Please try to prove my math wrong.

Also:

Not the other way around.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is exactly the thing NoTurns, BB do not matter at all. BB is deceiving because it can be .02 or $2000. It is not constant. Whereas dollars is always a constant measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it can matter, it is a matter of perspective. And since your question was which player was running well, neutral or bad, BB (imho) is all that matters, and $ is not.

Furthermore, you don't need any calculations to see the EV $-wise for both players is neutral. This is because of the simple fact the less likely event happened 10 times in a row and then the likely event happened 1 time at exactly stakes 10 times as much. This little "trick" doesn't change the fact one player was running good and one player was running bad.

If you analyze your own game to see if you are running well or just got lucky, you will most definately draw the wrong conclusions if you only look at $ and say the BB are irrelivant. Theoretically you then should draw the conclusion that going allin with KK vs AA is nothing more than a coinflip. Do you see why? If that's the case (but I'm guessing it's not, for your sake)...I would really like to see you at my tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed. Please try to prove my math wrong.

Also:

Not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stated one part of my post incorrectly yes, meaning this part:
"Furthermore, you don't need any calculations to see the EV $-wise for both players is neutral. This is because of the simple fact the less likely event happened 10 times in a row and then the likely event happened 1 time at exactly stakes 10 times as much."
I spoke in the past tense, this is irrelivant if you want to know your EV.

About your math, I'm not saying it's wrong. If you draw that conclusion from my post you obviously do not understand what I am trying to tell you. I'm not stating your point of view is incorrect, I'm stating it's not the only way to look at this situation. Again, like I said, it depends...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM

this thread is wow

of course each player's EV is $0