Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 PM

Default $25/$50 NL Games during WSOP

Greetings. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Are there any decent $25/50 NLHE $50/100 NL or above games during the WSOP? I know you fellas were saying that the $5/10 at the Rio or the Bellagio was good but does it get like a shark pool above that?

Any guidance much appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: $25/$50 NL Games during WSOP

Lets just say, jo tourist from florida isn't dropping in on the largest No Limit games in the city at any given time. These will undoubetly not be "easy" games. And unlike other games where the same players today won't be the same next week, these probably will be as the player pool to draw from is extremely small.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you fellas were saying that the $5/10 at the Rio or the Bellagio was good but does it get like a shark pool above that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played in a soft 25/50nl game? Have you ever played in a 25/50nl game that isnt a shark pool? I dont play NL that much, but I find it hard to believe this level and higher can ever be really soft.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 AM

Thanks guys. I have played alot of $25/50 and $50/$100 online and you obviously do get some good players but there are also a few weaker players, who are over aggressive, sprinkled about the tables, which I guess makes it +ev. Sometimes it does get very tough like at Pokerstars when there's only 12 people there at $25/$50 and it's like a roll call of millionaire online players, yikes.

Just trying to get a feel for things in Vegas and wondering how much money to take with me.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you fellas were saying that the $5/10 at the Rio or the Bellagio was good but does it get like a shark pool above that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played in a soft 25/50nl game? Have you ever played in a 25/50nl game that isnt a shark pool? I dont play NL that much, but I find it hard to believe this level and higher can ever be really soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you never watched Live at the Bike.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:52 AM

These games have been real tough with some super soft spots like Lamont Jordan who has been playing a bunch. These games are always going to be hit or miss and when they are good, they are still filled with several really good players. If you have the bank for $1/2, you should head over to the V. Jamie Gold has been there a lot lately.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious? if you are, i hate to say this, but: lol

in the past 3 weeks the bellagio 25-50 has consistently been a better game than their 10-20. and when 50-100 or 100-200 has gotten going, although i didn't play in those games i was told they were sick good. very often the biggest game in the room is the best game in the room.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you serious? if you are, i hate to say this, but: lol

in the past 3 weeks the bellagio 25-50 has consistently been a better game than their 10-20. and when 50-100 or 100-200 has gotten going, although i didn't play in those games i was told they were sick good. very often the biggest game in the room is the best game in the room.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These games have been real tough with some super soft spots like Lamont Jordan who has been playing a bunch. These games are always going to be hit or miss and when they are good, they are still filled with several really good players. If you have the bank for $1/2, you should head over to the V. Jamie Gold has been there a lot lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lamont Jordan, no way. You can't believe how much coin I lost on the Raiders last season, would be good to win some off him, kind of poetic.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lamont Jordan, no way. You can't believe how much coin I lost on the Raiders last season, would be good to win some off him, kind of poetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any bet you lost on the Raiders is your own fault, I'm sorry to say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]