Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:06 AM

Default 25NL low PP flops a gutter, faces serious flop action

Villain is 78/25 over 50 hands, has a postflop aggression factor a little over 3, had just seen him do some terribly stupid things with bottom two pair on a paired board

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.05
BB: $8.45
UTG: $9.55
CO: $52.55
Hero (BTN): $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $13.05</font>, Hero ???

Pot Size: $31.35

I gotta fold here right? I can see him doing this with overcards but I don't think often enough.

Or maybe I should I have folded to his rr pre?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: 25NL low PP flops a gutter, faces serious flop action

It's probably close. You're only getting about 3:2, and if we knew you had 6 clean outs, you'd need about 3:1 instead. But of course this Villain is such a LAG, and a somewhat short-stacked one at that, that it's anybody's guess what the hell he has, and sometimes you're going to be ahead.

In any case, if it's best to fold to this push, and probably it is, then I think the flop raise starts looking a bit dubious.

If you have any information on this guy's preflop 3-betting history, that could help a bit with your decision.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 AM

Don't like the flop raise here... And since he plays literally every other hand, wait for a better spot to stack him and fold pf..
Old 09-27-2007, 02:00 AM

He bet a dollar into a 4 dollar pot. I'm not supposed to raise him?

Maybe I raised too much, but a weak c-bet like that I'm gonna raise most of the time with air.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 AM

Think you should be happy that he isn't making the price higher. After all, you're drawing to a better hand you'd like to hit first. I would have called the flop and hoped for a nice turn
Old 09-27-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He bet a dollar into a 4 dollar pot. I'm not supposed to raise him?

[/ QUOTE ]

stacks make it awkward to raise his donkbet
Old 09-27-2007, 07:08 AM

I fold preflop. He's just not deep enough to play for setvalue. And any flop without a 5 sucks.

This guy's stats show he's willing to go all in with any piece of the board. On boards without a 5 any piece of the board is very often better than your one pair. You might win , you might lose. But there are definitely better spots, because he will play back with bottom pair against your TPTK in time. I'd wait for that moment to stack him.