Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Default 2/4 B&M - Are you trying to tell me my boat has a leak in it #1?

2/4 B&M, 10 handed, loose & passive

Villain (SB) is old guy who is pretty loose preflop but pretty reasonable afterwards.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 limps, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop (7 players, 7 SB): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, 2 calls, Hero raises, everyone calls

Turn (4 players, 7.5 BB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checked to Hero who bets, SB raises, 2 folds, Hero calls

River (2 players, 11.5 BB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3bets, Hero 4bets...

Was preflop too loose? I don't think SSHE would recommend playing this hand but I'm thinking I can get in fairly cheap here with 7 players (BB never raises preflop but SB is capable of doing this). Are suited 3 gappers ok to play here?

Flop I had trouble counting my outs. I sorta counted 1 for my Ten, maybe 1 for my Six, 1.5 for my backdoor flush draw and maybe 0.5 for my backdoor straight draw so I'm thinking maybe 4 outs. I'm already getting 10:1 so I'm going to continue. I figure a raise here is best so I can take a free card if I need it. But can anyone find a fold here?

Turn I'm thinking my trips is good until I'm checkraised; now I'm thinking SB perhaps has straight or trips with a better kicker. I think a call here is ok cuz I still have lottsa outs for my boat.

River I think my original raise is ok, I'm crushing trips and straights, right? I think my 4bet is probably retarded because at this point SB is telling me my boat isn't the biggest.

Comments?

Gclueless36cents/hournoobG
Old 04-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 2/4 B&M - Are you trying to tell me my boat has a leak in it #1?

PF is fine IMO, but i usually dont even bother peeling the flop here in an unraised pot. if the pot is raised PF this is an easy peel/raise. anyone disagree? i can see why some people would peel (some pot odds, position) while others wouldnt (pot odds not great plus reverse implied odds)

that said, once you got there you put the right amt of action in.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is live so a 3bet on the river usually means "no, seriously, my hand is better than yours"; are you still ok with my 4bet?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:07 PM

I don't play this preflop.

On the flop, I can't imagine folding. I agree, you've got at least 4 outs, so you've got immediate pot odds in the nice 10 SB pot, and you close the action. There's also a chance you're ahead. So, a peel's gotta be +EV. And given this particular loose-passive game, the free card play seems reasonable, too.

I think the turn is fine.

On the river, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning toward the 4bet. Your hand is well disguised thanks to your flop raise and the fact that 10-6s is junk, so the SB could easily be married to a straight here, or pushing 9-9. Surely he would've raised K-K preflop. K-10 or 10-9 require the case 10. Was it a 4bet cap?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

besides the fact that poker books tell you not to, why not OTB in a passive game?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is live so a 3bet on the river usually means "no, seriously, my hand is better than yours"; are you still ok with my 4bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This 3-bet might mean "No, my straight beats your 3 Tens" or "My AT beats your KQ or QT." 4-bet for value here unless you're up against the tightest rock ever.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

besides the fact that poker books tell you not to, why not OTB in a passive game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it has little value, and the price isn't good enough. If you hit the flush, you'll have only a 10-high flush. It's a 3-gapper, which has almost no straight-draw value. As a 2 pair hand, it's weak. And as a top pair hand, it's extremely weak, way below average.

So, even when you do connect with it, you'll frequently lose anyway. I therefore don't think it's worth playing getting 5.5-1, particularly since there's a small chance one of the blinds could raise. If I could get in for a half-bet in the small blind, sure, sign me up.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Because it has little value, and the price isn't good enough. If you hit the flush, you'll have only a 10-high flush. It's a 3-gapper, which has almost no straight-draw value. As a 2 pair hand, it's weak. And as a top pair hand, it's extremely weak, way below average.

So, even when you do connect with it, you'll frequently lose anyway. I therefore don't think it's worth playing getting 5.5-1, particularly since there's a small chance one of the blinds could raise. If I could get in for a half-bet in the small blind, sure, sign me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you pretty much described all small suited connectors.

do you fold 56s, 67s here as well, becuase they only make baby flushes?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you fold 56s, 67s here as well, becuase they only make baby flushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Those are no-gappers and therefore hold significantly more value than 3 gappers.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 PM

raising the flop is pretty bad.