Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Default 8/16 Live at the Wynn, but last month. My fault Im late.

My first shot at 8/16 and a bit tired since I was at Rio until 3:30am. I bought in shortstack($200) and look a bit nervous because I was tired. I won a hand so was up $300. We get three handed and Im in the big blind. I dont like the two fat guys to my left b/c they look like they'll call anything. Anyway I raise in big blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB and Button call. Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB bets I reraise and the button calls SB calls. Turn comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB checks, I bet button calls SB calls. Turn is the 7 diamonds. SB checks, I bet and the button raises. I show AQ, SB shows AQ and button shows J9 of diamonds.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: 8/16 Live at the Wynn, but last month. My fault Im late.

whats the question?

J9 shouuld have won more on this hand btw.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM

So when the flop came I should have fold the minute I saw two diamonds? He was correct to draw out on me?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM

he has a straight draw and a flush draw. with 3 people in the pot he has an enormous equity edge on the flop and should have pushed as much money in as possible, as he was over 50% to win.

and no, you should not have folded at any point in this hand. folding the flop with AQ is beyond retarded. you played it fine, he played it poorly.

also dont post results in your hands. they bias responses.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So when the flop came I should have fold the minute I saw two diamonds? He was correct to draw out on me?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can't fold this flop. Even if you had seen his cards, I don't think so. Yes, he has a terrific draw, but the fact that it won't come in almost half the time plus the money already in the pot plus the other player padding the pot means you can't fold top pair, top kicker on this flop.

Also, you don't know either player's cards, and assuming one has 2 diamonds is seeing monsters under the bed. They still have wide ranges of hands here.

You were both correct to continue.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 PM

We get three handed and Im in the big blind. I dont like the two fat guys to my left b/c they look like they'll call anything.

Fat guys that call anything are good. Bald fat guys that call anything are better still [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flop comes 10 Q 5 SB bets I reraise and the button calls SB calls. Turn comes 2 SB checks, I bet button calls SB calls. Turn is the 7 diamonds. SB checks, I bet and the button raises. I show AQ, SB shows AQ and button shows J9 of diamonds

Seems standard. You still appear a bit fuzzy. Villian flopped the 3rd nut flush draw along with an open ended straight draw. If you run the numbers through a poker calculator you will see your opponent was a favorite to win the hand.

Learn to embrace the fat guys who will call with anything. They will help build your bankroll.