Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 AM

Default 400 NL: Deep stack committed? Seems ridiculous but should I c/f river?

30 hands on Villain so he's reasonably unknown. However, it should be noted that he called three preflop raises and folded to exactly 0 c-bets. Hence my c/c on the flop. He doubled up on one of them with topset (which he played pretty gayly) against some other dude who had an overpair, and this is why he has a big stack.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $438
UTG+1: $489.60
UTG+2: $406
Hero (MP1): $984.60
MP2: $96
CO: $749.60
BTN: $332.90
SB: $447.75
BB: $394

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls $16, 3 folds

<font color="blue"> Sort of a laggy preflop raise, but semi-standard for me. I fold half and raise half.</font>

Flop: ($38) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $16</font>, Hero calls $16

<font color="blue"> As I said, I thought my FE was pretty minimal and given the stacks I thought it was okay to c/c. Any criticims of this are welcome. </font>

Turn: ($70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $110</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $400</font>, CO calls $290

<font color="blue"> Obviously a super gin turn card for me. Idk if my lead was good, I think he checks behind a lot on this board and I didn't want to let him off the hook if he had AK, KJ, or spades. I raise to $400 instead of just shoving. It's hard to explain my reasoning, but I feel like people puss out more for a full shove than for one of these. Again, feel free to flame if you think I deserve it.</font>

River: ($870) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero shoves?</font>

<font color="blue"> Probably the second-most depressing card in the deck for me (Queen being the worst IMO). At this point, I have about 36% of the pot behind. I'm pretty sure he got there, but I'm wondering why wouldn't he have just shoved the turn if he had a set. He shouldn't be boat mining, as I gave him bad odds. I thought KQ was possible, or like overplaying some stupid hand. As I said he was unknown. Shove correct? </font>

It's pretty obvious I lost this hand, so I might just be convincing myself that I played it badly because of that.