Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: SICK HU Between Rugby and Farha!

How does the dynamic of those games work? Would they say 'hu plz' if you just took a seat, cts?

Also, I must have been misinformed about Farha. I thought I read an article somewhere that said he got his money from poker, not business. How can he be a 'retarded fish' then? If he is a fish at PLO, why does he want to play it so bad vs. other games (Greenstein remark)? You'd think that someone that's a losing player anyway wouldn't care. Right?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM

The guys who play with him say Farha is a great PLO player. I seriously doubt they are just saying that for the sake of saying it. Also what people need to remember that Farha probably rarely plays NLHE. It's entirely possible he made his money playing poker, but did it at limit which is what the big game mostly is.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 PM

cts maybe you are the one that knows why the "fight" began last year and how it started this year!!!Who asked for the match? Can you give us these informations?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Did Sammy get his money from player poker or is he a big time businessman who happens to play poker?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cts maybe you are the one that knows why the "fight" began last year and how it started this year!!!Who asked for the match? Can you give us these informations?

[/ QUOTE ]these informations:
If you watched HSP w/aba its pretty obvious. There's a scene in there somewhere in which Farha tells Brian something to the effect of "you stare people down too much, its just poker, chill out." The comment oozed confrontation to me. Also, I'm not quite sure but I think that there was some "any time you're in Vegas, kid," HU talk. I'm sure once this all boils over, win or lose, aba will entertain some questions.

Also, NVG is a joke.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 PM

if they bump it up to 1k-2k and are playing as aggressively as Rugby's blog reports, this game would be far bigger than the 4k-8k limit games.

Farha had a 1.3m swing at 500-1000. Wow. Seems like the kind of game where one of these guys could go entirely cash busto.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 AM

I heard Brandon Adams won like 700k$ off Sammy playing HU where Sammy was BB every hand.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guys who play with him say Farha is a great PLO player. I seriously doubt they are just saying that for the sake of saying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There can be only two reasons.

1) To be honest
2) "For the sake of saying it"

This is the complete truth. I always love it when I can chime in and say "lollz false dichotomy".
Old 06-06-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god Brian is so lucky seriosuly Sammy Farha = plo pro as Anny Duke = best tourney player in the world, sseriously Brain's edge is here 9999999999999$$$$$$M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy is easily the most dangerous high stakes short handed PLO player in the world, and it's not even close. I have played with Sammy a lot and don't get me wrong, I like his action and enjoy playing with him but he is definitely not to be underestimated. Sammy is as familiar with high stakes PLO as anybody and as the stakes get higher, the stacks get deeper, and the field gets shorter, his edge grows. While I doubt Sammy could beat a 5/10 PLO ring game, he is extremely tough 2-4 handed for very high stakes, as he has no fear and endless money. Sammy will really put you to the test. Any pot you play with him can be all in and if you're not willing to stack off lightly he will just bulldozer you. In this matchup I think Sammy has a significant edge in PLO and obviously Brian has a significant edge in NLH. Brian should really try to get him to play straight NLH where he can be in control of things. will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:02 AM

Alaei,
Do you have much experience with Benyamine's shorthanded PLO game? How would they compare? I think most of the reasons you give for fearing sammy (any pot you play with him can be all in and if you're not willing to stack off lightly he will just bulldozer you) seem to be applicable to how Benyamine plays.

Knowing that Brian has played a significantly higher number of HU PLO hands than Sammy vs someone with a similar style (who many consider better) do you really think sammy's edge can be that great here? Especially with the nature of HU plo?