Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Hoss TBF - part of Think Tank?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 80% sure its TLK playing on pokkermon's acct when hes playing unassigned and jumper.

also, bigglesworth and unassigned whipped pokkermon in their last meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What HU sessions were you watching? Your information seems seriously deluded...
Pokkermon gained up to 15k vs bigglesworth at the end and unassigned has not won against The Pokkermon (if only marginally on one or perhaps few occasions)

Please explain how he got whipped (your dream scenario?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you tonight when savagegamble whoooped up on your pokkermon, and then Hoss_TBF cleaned up on savagegamble... ZOMG HOSS THE BEST by your logic?!?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 80% sure its TLK playing on pokkermon's acct when hes playing unassigned and jumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokkermon gained up to 15k vs bigglesworth at the end and unassigned has not won against The Pokkermon (if only marginally on one or perhaps few occasions)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you tonight when savagegamble whoooped up on your pokkermon, and then Hoss_TBF cleaned up on savagegamble... ZOMG HOSS THE BEST by your logic?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

also, Hoss got whooped by Joe Cassidy on FTP earlier, so Joe>>>>anyone else.

wtf schneids, no ?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 AM

love a good card catching contest
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 AM

I really think you guys are way underestimating how important having a combination of razor sharp insticts, logical intelligence, and a whole lot of gamble it takes to become a world class poker player. Being super smart is really only one part of it. Of course, I do believe that any very intelligent person could become a winning poker player, but that's not what this thread is about. I challenge you to name one world class poker player who is not a sick gambler at heart. It is the necessary ingredient to becoming the best. Often times, the super geniuses are just too smart to be degenerate gamblers and they take a much more mathematical approach to the game (sklansky, chen, mason malmuth etc) and their success is limited. Very rarely, and I do believe as the games get bigger you will see more and more, do you find a super genius sick gambler and from observation it looks like that's what we have in Hoss. Although I don't think I have ever met him. Anyway, for someone who has developed a new fascination with trying to learn the ins and outs of SH LHE I have really enjoyed this thread. From observing some of the high limit LHE matches, and playing a little, I think Hoss is an awesome player and if he stays away from the NL and PL games he should make tons of money in todays poker world...unless of course he traded me LHE tutoring lessons for NLH tutoring lessons lol.

Daniel Alaei
Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
super genius sick gambler and from observation it looks like that's what we have in Hoss.

[/ QUOTE ] Can you please explain what you mean by this statement? I understand super and genius and agree. Sick and gambler do not compute for me. Can you be more specific here?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:00 PM

My Mathematics of Poker just came in the mail. Haha talk about a flashback to University for me. So far I haven't gotten to anything that will help my game, but I'm only getting started with it. It's certainly not beginner level math. If you're not a math guy, do not touch this book with a 10 foot pole.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM

Well, I'm not a math guy at all. I'm an English gal. However, I have managed to work my way through about 1/2 of the book at this point and as I move through it I find myself understanding things more easily. I will plead guilty to doing a bit of research in order to suceed with it but I think it's well worth the extra effort. It's a great book for people who love to think and problem solve.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not a math guy at all. I'm an English gal. However, I have managed to work my way through about 1/2 of the book at this point and as I move through it I find myself understanding things more easily. I will plead guilty to doing a bit of research in order to suceed with it but I think it's well worth the extra effort. It's a great book for people who love to think and problem solve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the real challenge comes when you've got to actually solve a problem in your head without the book around you. That's what I found to be more challenging.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually your words, your logic (and wet dreams)

I think The Pokkermon should whip mediocre players like papawarbucks and baronzeus EVEN MORE than the beating they may have taken in the past against him...
Old 04-26-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually your logic (and wet dreams). I think The Pokkermon should whip mediocre players like papawarbucks and baronzeus EVEN MORE than the beating they may have taken in the past against him...

[/ QUOTE ]

now you're just being ironic or something. i have never played stakes this high, but it's pretty easy to see that the stakes are irrelevant in your argument. just because a has beaten b and be has beaten c, does not always mean that a is better than c.