Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is bigger always better?
hell yeah 2 8.70%
yes 1 4.35%
only if its sexy 6 26.09%
hell no 1 4.35%
nope 4 17.39%
32 8 34.78%
greater but not better 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: High school reunions: will you go to yours?

10 year reunion was last year. I went. I only live an hour away from where it was, and wouldn't have come from too much further. It was pretty fun. Like one poster said above, for the most part everyone looked pretty good, with several looking better than in high school.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm curious about those that go to 5-years. It just seems like most people will say, "Well, I went to X school, majored in Y, and now have entry-level job Z," or "I went into the armed forces and now I do X."

What do people talk about at the 5-year reunion?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM

RDH,

I imagine the 5-year is just to bang some chicks that you meant to in high school but never did and have fallen out of touch with?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM

my 10th will be next year. i'm still in contact with several of my high school friends, so i might go if they go.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RDH,

I imagine the 5-year is just to bang some chicks that you meant to in high school but never did and have fallen out of touch with?

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes me wonder: a lot of 2p2ers numbers must have gone up a few points since high school due to poker monies, career sucess etc., while the babes from high school have stayed the same or declined. anyone have any stories about this?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 PM

My ten year is coming up and I am not planning on going, everyone that I care about "knowing what's going on with" I either talk to or see to this day. I have kept in touch with my friends from HS and the people that I care about.

I had a great time in HS. During HS I was an idiot and thought it couldn't get better, but then I went to college and realized, "wtf? HS is for the birds." HS is really lame anyway no matter how much fun you had and it would take a lot for me to have to fake a night away with people I couldn't give two [censored] about.

I also figured the whole reunion thing would die down with the explosion of myspace, I don't use myspace, I mean I have a phone, so no need but now that everyone is so well interconnected it just seems so pointless to connect again for a reunion. I know all of my friends talk to EVERYONE that they graduated with b/c of myspace, so what is the point of a reunion, to talk about what you have been messaging each other?

FWIW, I don't care who is fat, bald, gay or dead. And if I found out at some gathering I would probably just say, "Oh."
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 PM

My friend told me about this site called facebook that he uses to apparently keep in touch with people from HS. If I don't sign up for that by then, curiosity might get the better of me. The 10 year is still 4 years away.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:48 PM

Like I said at the top of the thread, I'm going to my 25th because, hey, why not? But I also went to my 10th and that was such a strange and awkward evening I decided to skip my 20th.

Funny things about my 10th (for those of you facing this milestone soon):

* the same folks who used to get stoned in the bathroom at HS were getting stoned in the bathroom of the Hyatt. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but stepping into the bathroom to take a leak was like stepping into the wayback machine and being transported back to HS. Some things just don't change...

* as soon as people entered the ballroom and began to form up tables, they looked for the folks they used to sit with at lunch in HS and sat with them. Sometimes, 10 years isn't a particularly long time.

* one couple married right out of HS and had eight kids in 10 years, which might not be a record but...damn. I have two and they keep me damn busy. I can't imagine having had eight kids by the time I was 28. I'm kinda worried they might have had a few more in the last 15 years, because once you have eight, why not go for 10 or 12?

* an appalling number of classmates had died - most of the deaths were from car accidents, but some were from natural causes. That aspect of the evening caught me off guard, and is one of the reasons I have a sense of dread about going to my 25th.

* the people I was most hoping would be at the 10th skipped it. Bastards!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM

10yrs out of high school isn't a really long time...I still see many of my close friends from high school and made few new friends.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this makes me wonder: a lot of 2p2ers numbers must have gone up a few points since high school due to poker monies, career sucess etc., while the babes from high school have stayed the same or declined. anyone have any stories about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm three years out of high school and came back for spring break. I met a girl who was a legit 8.5 or 9 in HS and now looks like she could sub in for Brian Urlacher. She works at Circuit City in my home town.

Standard, I guess.