Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 5CD: i play 20k hands, now what? move up, or multi-table?

[ QUOTE ]
That is a ridiculous statement. Just because you might not have experienced a downswing in draw since you started playing six weeks ago doesn't mean there is no variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you looked at my history of posting in this forum you would see that i have been playing limit draw on-line for several years

its ridiculous to talk about variance in draw - limit draw has the lowest variance of any poker game i have played seriously and thats many different games - from my point of view if the variance in limit draw is a bother to you then you really have no good idea how to play serious long term winning poker

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 12-30-2006, 07:22 PM

stripsqueez,

i agree with you. i've played all the games...its not even close. 5cd is for all intents and purposes, swing-free. More often than not, you are looking at your final hand before you put a chip in the pot. That graph i post probably *IS* a brutal doomswitching...I was playing drunk that day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think to make good money at draw you'd have to play all the time and be the best, but if you're that good you could probably make more if you applied your skills to hold em'. I just play more draw because I'm not very good at regular holdem stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

i think to make good money at draw you have to assume you either are the best or shortly will be

if on the other hand you assume you cant get a decent edge against someone who is ok pre-draw or you assume that draw is a game that is played by people who arent much good at other poker games or you worry about the variance in draw you will probably struggle

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 01-01-2007, 02:43 AM

I thought the HU sngs at UB would never dry up, but they did. Try finding some home games to clean out.