Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the KGC own AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But former Chief Joe Norton does. And I assume that those at the KGC at a minimum like Mr Norton.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the former chief of the tribe the KGC belongs to independently bought out AP recently? I guess the chief to that tribe gets paid rather well. Wasn't AP worth several hundred million?

[/ QUOTE ]

Together, AP and UB would be worth that much. There are some very wealthy Chiefs. Norton is one of them. I think I read that the server facilities generate a profit of more than twenty million dollars a year. The gaming license fees are more than ten million a year, not counting the up front $15,000 each must pay (another $15 million came in that way). And Mr Norton is associated with a firm which sells cigarettes, billions of them. The very high tax rate on cigarettes in the nations neighboring the Kahnawake reservation, the USA and Canada, give the tribal firm an advantage. They may have sold a billion dollars worth of cigarettes so far. Twenty million a year here, ten million a year there, a billion or so receipts for cigarettes there - can add up to some serious money, enough to put down a substantial sum for a gambling firm owned by Americans at risk of jail in their home country looking frantically for a buyer. They might well agree to sell on relatively easy terms - so many tens of millions down, the rest in easy payments. So we tend to think of such people as poor, living in a beat up old trailer, driving a car like mine, but that's not always true you no account pale face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, even if Joe Norton could afford to buy, why would you assume the owners would sell a company that spits out $100,000,000 faster than Jenny Woo can take off her shirt?

Absolute wasn't selling post-UIGEA, they were buying Ultimate Bet, and they got a [censored] bargain.

[ QUOTE ]
"My impression of AJ was that he was like one of the Lost Boys: Sweet, innocent but definitely a bit demented. My type of guy," Woo recalls.

AJ is one of about 4500 who have had a chance to cop a feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.gambling911.com/Jenny-Woo...te-102407.html

PS: Pls to be banning h11 for racism (not sure against which race)?