Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM

Default 3/6 LO8 turn spot

Here's a spot I thought was interesting. BB is terrible and will play pretty much any 4. UTG is fishy, mostly passive, but spazzes on occasion. However, it's safe to assume he has what he's representing here. I really felt they both had high hands and my low draw was clean. Do I have enough implied odds to try and catch my low?

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero...

I'm putting BB on a retarded slowplayed something which is anybody's guess and UTG on at least an 8. BB is not creative enough to pull this stunt with a combo draw. I wonder if my gutterball is ever live here...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: 3/6 LO8 turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
I'm putting BB on a retarded slowplayed something which is anybody's guess and UTG on at least an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]Johnny - Could be. Also possible for BB to simply be trying to leverage you out of the pot with a low draw maybe plus something mediocre for high.[ QUOTE ]
BB is not creative enough to pull this stunt with a combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm. If you say so.

At any rate, you're getting about 2.4 to 1 pot odds for the low half of the pot if you don't get quartered (plus implied pot odds). But you're on a losing proposition if you're going to get quartered when you do make low, which seems a distinct possibility here.

The odds against you making low are 28 to 16. Thus you have favorable odds to draw if you're not going to get quartered for low.

Tough decision. I think I'd tend to call.

Buzz
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 AM

I fold on the turn with that one-way hand specifically fearing what could/has happen behind you.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 AM

Its 6-max, I couldn't fathom folding in this situation, especially at a 3/6 table where my opponents are just terrible. If either of these idiots has A28x, so be it.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 AM

our gutshot might be worth another out or two...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 PM

Thanks guys. I thought for a while in the actual hand, called and immediately felt fishy lol. Turns out they were worse than I thought: BB just called the 3-bet and didn't cap, the river was a 5 and it gets capped 3 ways and the villains show

BB: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Cap it!!!!