Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Default You make the call

1/2 NL game three players in the pot. We are on the river, there is around $70 in the pot with three players in. The board reads A-8-6-6-3 (suits not important).
Player A baets $30, player B calls and player C raises to $70, player A calls and while B is thinking, C reveals his hand thinking the action is complete. He immediately realises his mistake and turns them face down.
Floor is called and the dealer explains him the situation. Player B who did not see the cards wants to see them now but floor rules that he may not, as he has only $40 left he is closing the action and player A did not have the extra information either when making the call.
So far a very good decission by the floor in my opinion, but now comes the hard part. Player A tells B: "you can fold, he has J-6" and one other player at the table confirms this. Player B now mucks his 6-2 face up.
Showdown: C has J-8, not J-6 and A shows A-T.
Who gets the pot and why?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: You make the call

Player A gets the pot because he had the best hand at showdown. Player A also gets invited to leave the poker room (not because he he lied, but because he shouldn't have said anything at all)
Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player A gets the pot because he had the best hand at showdown. Player A also gets invited to leave the poker room (not because he he lied, but because he shouldn't have said anything at all)

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds correct to me.

Player A angleshot, and won. It sucks, but Player B did not call the bet- and mucked his cards.

/Player A does need to have his ass/karma kicked. FWIW.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player A tells B: "you can fold, he has J-6" but does not muck his own 'losing' AT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and one other player at the table confirms this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So somebody at the table is helping Player A angleshoot? Sounds like a game I wouldn't want to play in.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost forgot -- he can take his buddy who "confirmed" the hand with him on the way out.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player B who did not see the cards wants to see them now but floor rules that he may not, as he has only $40 left he is closing the action and player A did not have the extra information either when making the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That does seem fair. Well handled by the dealer, who should be commended for not inadvertently blurting out "J-8 exposed."

KITN for Player A, ldo, and one for Player C too for his ridonkulous river min-raise in the first place.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:12 PM

I'm in agreement with psand here. It sucks, but player B didn't call the final bet. I think maybe the floor should toss player A (and perhaps the other guy who spoke up) unless he agrees to push player B the pot. I also wouldn't mind if he invoked the "best interests of the game" and awarded the pot to player B. I don't sympathize with player B too much, though. He has trips on a disjointed board, he's getting like 7.5:1, and his call closes the action. Unless he was thinking about putting player A all-in, what is there to think about?
Old 07-21-2007, 01:53 PM

The guy who confirmed J6 is the one player who I think deserves a serious KITN. He wasn't involved in the hand and him opening his yap is violating one-player-to-a-hand. If he intentionally lied (hard to know), he needs to at least be moved to a new table since it seems he's working with player A. But that's the only player I have terribly serious issues with.

Player A was table talking in a way that for some reason doesn't disturb me much. Not sure why--usually I'm more sensitive about this stuff than most of you guys but it sounds like in this case I'm in the minority thinking that's acceptable (if rather scummy) behaviour.

I'm not sure if I were a player at the table I coulda kept my mouth shut when a player not in the hand confirmed incorrectly what the two cards were. Not positive what I woulda done, but I think I likely would have told player B they're both lying. If player A doesn't like it, too bad. I would absolutely have stayed quiet with A alone saying "he had J6" but I don't think I could sit there and let two players gang up against player B.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Player A gets pot & KITN