Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Default raise or fold?

hand 1: i am in the big w/ k4h. one unknown late limper, and sb completes. flop is q 10 8 w/ one heart. checked around. turn is a rag heart, and sb bets. i am getting 2.5 to 1. no stats on sb yet (new comp), but i remember him as generally taggish but capable of getting out of line (and perhaps stealing in a spot like this- not that that is necessarily out of line).

2nd hand: heads up, 1st hand. i raise a2o, he calls, and i flop a gshot ( 3 5 10 rainbow). he donks. i suspect his donk likely means a pair, but ive definitely seen him make some plays before. my action?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: raise or fold?

hand 1: Fold, the pot is very small, you are getting bad odds and you are mostly behind and won't get the sb to fold

hand 2: if he likely bluffs on the flop with donks and often folds on agression then i would raise flop and lead the turn, otherwise i would just call and see what the turn card brings
Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 PM

hand 1: I usually fold.
hand 2: I raise flop, people seem to like to check raise with the goods. If they have just a pair you should have 7 outs to win.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:44 AM

There are a lots of donks who check when they have nothing and donk when they have something. Other people do it the other way and some good player balance this play really well. So i would say this hand depends more on villain.