Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Botting the WNBA Season...

Yes they did.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 PM

Yes that was a very disappointing 2nd half - looked like Phoenix might have won outright for awhile too.

YTD:

Old System: 32-22 (59.3%)
New System: 4-1 (80%)

Tomorrow, the old systems picks are:

Seattle -4 @ LA: Predicts Seattle to win by 1, so LA is the bet.
Chicago +7.5 @ Detroit: Likes Detroit by 5, so Chicago.
Minnesota +5.5 @ Washington: Sees Washington by 1, so Minnesota.
Indiana -7 @ Houston: Sees Indiana by 5, so Houston is bet.

New System likes a lot today, as it predicts Los Angeles to cover 60% of the time, Chicago 63% of the time,and Minnesota 61% of the time.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM

Thans Bot. It's great to have this info.
I am taking Detroit to cover
Washington to cover

Not trying to show the Bot Up but I can add to the Bot Tool from an observational aspect.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 AM

A disappointing 0-3 day yesterday for the new system, and 1-3 for the old system, especially with Chicago coming within .5 of it. The line actually changed to +8.5 later in the day, so hopefully some of you managed to get on that.

And ECB when making picks, it'd help if you'd give more detailed reasoning for each pick, especially as you might be able to point out something that I'm not factoring into the bots calculations [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

YTD:

Old System: 33-25 (56.9%)
New System: 4-3 (57.1%)

Today we have two games:

Connecticut +7.5 vs Seattle: Old system likes Seattle by 4, so Connecticut is the bet.
San Antonio +4 vs Phoenix: Old system likes Phoenix by 2, so San Antonio is the bet.

The new system expects San Antonio to cover 62% of the time. New system also likes Connecticut to cover 60% of the time.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM

Connecticut @ Seattle 3PM EST
Early start. Seattle humiliated LA yesterday and is travelling back home to take on a improved Suns team. The Storm have less than 24 hours to prepare for the game and may be a bit fatigued. Sales should play for a rested Connecticut team today which will be a plus. Seattle has been playing very good basketball the past two weeks. I see this as a trap game for Seattle. Connecticut is playing as well as any team in the league at this time. They are desperate for a win, this is a must game for them, they have had an extended time to prepare for the Storm and are playing great basketball. Upset today in Seattle
Connecticut 79 Seattle 77

I dont thing you can figure in anything - I have been strictly going on observation only. Your tool BOT helps out greatly and has added to my arsenal. Please keep on posting.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Nice rebound from yesterday. Still not sure if I've come to terms with the fact I'm betting on the WNBA yet.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM

Very Nice I was a little late on the first pick, but got in on the S.A. game.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:29 AM

We went 2-0 yesterday, to make up for the disappointing day beforehand. At this stage I think I am going to retire the old system. I think it is redundant at this stage, and I'm not comfortable following any of its picks unless the new system agrees. So we are retiring the old system at 35-25, 58.3%. IF there is a game the new system doesn't like, but you'd still like information about it and the old systems picks, please just ask. So with that, we are currently at:

6-3, 66.7%

Tomorrow there is four games. Our system likes Detroit -3.5(60% of the time to cover), and Connecticut +7(70% of the time to cover).

Thanks for the observations ECB - whether or not they factor in, it's still interesting to read them, and something to think about. Especially because there's things the bot just can't calculate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:49 AM

Hey MrBlueNose,

Would you mind still listing the average margin of victory for the old system? For instance if Connecticut is +7 and you expect them to lose by 1 or 2 on average then I will usually throw a unit on the money line at +270 in addition to the spread line. If not thats cool too, but if you could thatd be great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 AM

For sure, I'll look for 3-4 point differences and mention them. Tomorrow it lists Connecticut to lose by 1 point, and Minnesota to lose also by 1.