Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2006-2007 College Basketball Thread***

I think these player rankings are pretty bad, but of guys that I have seen I will give a scouting report.

Tucker is the best player on Wisconsin, but I think people have Wisconsin ranked too high, and basically think Tucker is better than he is. He is not a great shooter, but is a really good finisher. 6'6'', not real fast, but quick for his size, pretty solid defender but not a great passer or rebounder. For Wisconsin, he is important, but in all college bball, not that big a deal.

Dominic James is also too high. He is under 6 foot, kinda stocky looking, not a great shooter, but again, a great scorer and finisher. Good defender but is short. Great dribbler, good passer, but 8th biggest impact? No way. He will have a good year as will Marquette, but they are not as good as their ranking. Him and the school. Solid player though.

Lofton is a shooter, and a good one. He is a good dribbler, but kind of slow and not a good decision maker. Does not drive lane, he shoots threes. I think he would be a good complementary player, but in the lead role Tennessee will struggle. Tennessee is simply not good, and again, he is ranked too high because Tennessee simply won't make that big of an impact this year.

Fazekas is tall, a great scorer, rebounder, and shooter, and probably future NBA dud. He is kind of soft but a good rebounder but will get pushed around against good, big inside guys. Not a great defender either. A rich man's Pittsnoggle. I think he should be higher ranked, he could singlehandedly decide some games in the NCAA tourney, because all of Nevada's offense and hopes rest on him.

Budinger is a stud. He will be very good in college if he stays. Really athletic, great scorer, good shooter, good passer, but average defender. I remember him in the McDonalds all american game last year and thinking, this kid could be really good. I think he will be. He is white but can really jump, a future college star in my opinion. He knows he is good too, which is good because he is assertive. Gonna be/is good.

Roy hibbert being 20 is ridiculous, Jeff Green being off the charts is ridiculous. Should be vice-versa and I think will be by end of the year. Dont know the others real well.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still a long season and their first really meaningful game is against Wisconsin in mid-December.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're overlooking the Auburn game? You don't think that will be a test?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that Norfolk St. led most of the game last night at Auburn before falling by 5 in OT, I'd say no.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Nicholls St. and it was totally predictable in between games with Ok St., Wisconsin, and Pitt. Auburn fell behind 17 then was up 6 with 45 sec. left and Nich. St. hit two threes. If Pitt is overlooking Auburn they will get more than they want from that game.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:53 PM

Preseason ranked number 8? Im rooting for Gtown, but last year was their year. Lose to Oregon AND Old Dominion? Come on now.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:27 PM

Spencer Hawes- Good chance he is in the NBA right now without the new rule. The most polished center to come into college basketball that I can ever remember. Great passer, good post moves. Needs to get stronger/bigger. Most likely will be gone after this year but us UW fans are praying he stays for a second year. Gets a lot of comparisons to Yao's skillset. On the defensive end he is a great off the ball shot blocker but hasn't really been tested yet in the post in college. From what I have seen his 1 on 1 D in the post needs work.

If he didn't stay home and had gone to UNC everyone would have heard of how amazing he is by now.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Question: According to CollegeRPI.com, which team has played the toughest schedule so far?

Answer: <font color="white"> Arkansas-Pine Bluff </font>
Old 12-02-2006, 04:24 PM

I love Tyler H but Morris owned him today. Ellington looked good, so did Wright. Terry had his best game of the year so far.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Huge News!!!

Greg Oden is playing today!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:39 PM

can we all agree to not ever bring the rpi up this year as it is one of the worst ranking systems in the history of sports?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:00 PM

Default A Warning to Anyone Whom It May Concern: MY POTS ARE ICY, BITCHES!!!!!

Why do you say that about rpi?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: A Warning to Anyone Whom It May Concern: MY POTS ARE ICY, BITCHES!

Kansas lost again? Man, they were really up for the game against us I guess.