Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
this is kind of random, but it's my first time posting here (i think) but a few questions

are there any recommended cheap coaches for full ring? nothing too in depth, basically i only want to be taught the absolute basics (pretty much the general metagame, levels of thinking, starting hands, etc.)

also, along the same line, is there any post with a general hand chart that people play? some people told me to play UTG/UTG+1 a certain way, and the rest like 6max, but I disagreed with that

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, KLJ...often imitated, never duplicated (your hand challenge, people seem to try it here every week.)

As for your questions, I've never used a coach and I came from a 6 max background. I don't think you would have a hard time adapting at all. Just need to slow it down a little bit. What limits are you looking to play? FR doesn't really change much until you get to 3/6.

As far as coaches go, I remember seeing people post links to sites with coaches. Most of the 6 max coaches also did FR. I believe Soah's name was on there he could probably get you the link.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is kind of random, but it's my first time posting here (i think) but a few questions

are there any recommended cheap coaches for full ring? nothing too in depth, basically i only want to be taught the absolute basics (pretty much the general metagame, levels of thinking, starting hands, etc.)

also, along the same line, is there any post with a general hand chart that people play? some people told me to play UTG/UTG+1 a certain way, and the rest like 6max, but I disagreed with that

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, KLJ...often imitated, never duplicated (your hand challenge, people seem to try it here every week.)

As for your questions, I've never used a coach and I came from a 6 max background. I don't think you would have a hard time adapting at all. Just need to slow it down a little bit. What limits are you looking to play? FR doesn't really change much until you get to 3/6.

As far as coaches go, I remember seeing people post links to sites with coaches. Most of the 6 max coaches also did FR. I believe Soah's name was on there he could probably get you the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the one you want...

http://www.jvelliott.com/poker/coaches.php
Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh I hate that flop check

[/ QUOTE ]

I got fancy as I was getting stacked by a set on another table!

Speaking of which, I think I got stacked by 4 sets tonight.

Two of them where I 3 bet pre flop and the guy who flopped the set cold called the R and RR.

The last one I flop a royal draw.

Another one I was just too stupid to fold.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:38 AM

Anyone ever have a good session, have good results, but can't let go of that one hand you totally and completely butchered?

I suck.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1Anyone ever have a good session, 2have good results, 3but can't let go of that one hand you totally and completely butchered?

4I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to parts 3 and 4 of your post.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 AM

when a break even session goes wrong.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 AM

O LOOK BUTTON IS SQUEEZING, I THINK I'LL CALL CHOOO CHOOOO

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $100
UTG: $101
UTG+1: $98.55
MP1: $76.30
MP2: $10.65
CO: $66.45
Hero (BTN): $107.35
SB: $103.30

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $3.50</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $3.50, CO calls $3.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, 3 folds, MP2 calls $7.15 and is All-In, CO folds

Flop: ($29.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($29.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($29.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $29.80 Pot ($1.45 Rake)
MP2 showed 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Nines and Twos) and WON $28.35 (+$17.70 NET)
Hero showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and head asplode(a pair of Nines) and LOST (-$10.65 NET)
Old 11-16-2007, 05:14 AM

fgdfgffsdklsdfgmdfkgfdklgjfgklfsdgjf;sdgfjdgjfsd;g jfsd;gjsdfgl;sdfjgsf;dgjfd;gjsdfgsdf;gjfsdgkfsdgjs df;gkfdgfdjg;sdf

fu

dfkdsfjad;fkjdasf;as;fasdjf;dasfj;sdfdjks;fjdasf;a sdjfd;asfjds;fasdj;fdjas;fjsdf;afj;asdfj;sd;fasd&l t;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

FULL RING

dsfoklfjas;fdjasfdas;fjasd;fasf;dasfj;asdfkdasfj;d fkds;fjasdf;daskfjdasf;dsjafd;asfjdsfdjas;f&lt;&lt ;&lt;

and pokerstars

dsfkdsfjdsioafjdasfadsfdas;djsaf;jfe;sdfjdas;fjdas ;fjasdf;dsjafad;sfjasd;fjsd;afdas;fdjasfds;afjasdf jasd;f&lt;

and lee jones

dasfiosdjfd;sklfjsd;fds;sfadsf;asdf;sdafdasfjd;asf jds;fdas;fads;fds;fdjasfajsdf;dasjf;dasfjdsa;fjdas fj;dasfj;asdf;ds;afdasjfjsdafj;dasf&lt;

die u sdfljsdfdasjfd;asj`sdafdsfjdas;fjasd;f;jasdf;asdfd sa;sadf;adsfadsf;djas;fj;dasfadjs

thats all

dsfkasdjf;dsfjsaf;dsaf;das;fjdasfkdasfsdjafjasd;fj sd;fjdas;fdasfdasfads;fadsfadsfdsafdfsahgdjhgkgjkh jyhdjhdhgdhgsdhfdsf
Old 11-16-2007, 05:20 AM

I checked behind because I ran out of time trying to find how to turn off my auto-muck preference in case he folded
Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $100.75
Hero (MP): $103.85
CO: $147.95
BTN: $222.10
SB: $99
BB: $98.50
UTG: $99

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($9) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4

Turn: ($17) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($17) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, SB calls $14

Results: $45 Pot ($2.25 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a Royal Flush) and WON $42.75 (+$20.75 NET)
SB mucked 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and LOST (-$22 NET)

luckily it worked out [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 05:23 AM

does anyone know if duff123 on stars 100 is on here?

he's annoying the sh@#%2 out of me
Closed Thread