Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Help me fold stuff

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop he's almost splitting any money that goes in against a big A with a FD 50/50. He's making 1/3 of a bet / bet that goes in against something like QQ with a FD. He's getting pumelled when he's re-raised by a better hand. Don't raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

990 games 0.094 secs 10,531 games/sec

Board: 7h 6h Kh
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 54.2424 % 54.24% 00.00% { KcQd }
Hand 2: 45.7576 % 45.76% 00.00% { AhJs }

---

ANYWAYS ->

We have 2 options. Suppose they are both precisely the same +ev in the long run in a vacuum. Then does it matter which one we choose? If they are equal, then no.

If we dont play in a vacuum, and one of the options increases the ev of another similar, yet different, type of hand, then does it not follow that we should choose the option that does so?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:08 PM

Are we on the same page here? We make basically no money by raising the flop against an over and flush draw, very little money by raising the flop against a flush draw, and lose tons of money by raising the flop against a better hand or knocking out a dead hand.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ANYWAYS ->

We have 2 options. Suppose they are both precisely the same +ev in the long run in a vacuum. Then does it matter which one we choose? If they are equal, then no.

If we dont play in a vacuum, and one of the options increases the ev of another similar, yet different, type of hand, then does it not follow that we should choose the option that does so?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your two options that are precisely the same +ev in the long run will not be the exactly the same +ev on the next street. If your EV takes a "big" jump depending on the next card it may be a good idea to play the current street passive and re-evaluate things and so on, but you already know this.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we on the same page here? We make basically no money by raising the flop against an over and flush draw, very little money by raising the flop against a flush draw, and lose tons of money by raising the flop against a better hand or knocking out a dead hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
-> 55% against an over and a fd isnt very little money, thats a huge edge. Thats the edge the we cap the flop with straight-flush draws on.
-> If we raise against a flush draw, we are even further ahead than against an over + fd.
-> The "dead" hands will calls us down regardless thinking that we are having fun with a mere flush draw.

If we raise the flop against a better hand, they will 3bet us and we will say "ok lets get to showdown". I wouldnt be at all surprised if we have the best hand here at the moment and are favoured to win b/c of the generally lighter capping standards of shorthanded plya.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:24 PM

You baffle me. Are you saying that we make more than 10% of a bet when money goes in against 12 outs? Because that's certainly not true. A pocket pair with a heart has 11 outs. So like I said: you make almost no money. When you have the worst hand though, you're usually going to lose nearly the full value of two bets.