Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Help on book selection?

I've read a few books so far including Getting Started in Holdem, Small stakes holdem, Harrington on Holdem I and II, and phils little green book..

I play microstakes NLHE, recently moved from FR to 6max if that matters with the very rare SNG thrown into the mix for variation.

I recently came into a bit of extra cash and decided it was time I attempted to improve my game a bit.

Has anyone got any recommendations for what book(s) I should buy? I was looking into Professional No Limit Holdem, would this be a good choice?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Help on book selection?

I would get PNL vol 1 and also look forward to vol 2 when it comes out since PNL is not a complete work yet. Largay's book is also worth reading. If you are relatively new to some basic NL principles then NL Theory and Practice should also be added.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Help on book selection?

Call raises and then massive re-raises with 82s, flop trips and then write about it? Open limp every hand including Kings, Aces, Queens etc because you "don't raise on the strength of your hand"?

As a general rule I have a lot of respect for your opinions Jeff so I'm surprised you are such a strong advocate for Largay's book. Could you maybe elaborate why?