Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 64s, do i bluff the river?

Personally I don't like firing the river because even tho the opponent has an obviously (usually) weak hand, that doesn't mean he will fold it. If his flop & turn play are any indication of his skill, I seriously doubt he folds second pair.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I don't like firing the river because even tho the opponent has an obviously (usually) weak hand, that doesn't mean he will fold it. If his flop & turn play are any indication of his skill, I seriously doubt he folds second pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really see how we go from villain making his bets on the smallish side (2/3ish) to him being a superstation donk. its not like he's leading out for 1/4 the pot or something, so i wouldnt really draw any conclusions from that.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think he has Jx? He'll show up with Jx very rarely imo. And do you really think he calls with PPs<JJ? The hands we've repped is a draw that hit and Qx. He'll also show up with some Ax/air second barrels that our bet will certainly fold out.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:08 PM

dci, youre right. i almost edited that out but got too lazy.

nick, the Jack was just an example of a hand he wont fold. my point was that he is going to call a lot here
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nick, the Jack was just an example of a hand he wont fold. my point was that he is going to call a lot here

[/ QUOTE ]
But why don't you put him on a likely range instead? Jx will make up a really small portion of the range and Qx is imo the only likely hand that will call. In the range I mentioned most hands will fold. Clearly more than 40%. His weak turnbet also tilts the range towards weaker holdings.