Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Before I go see a doctor..

I had pink eye recently. This is exactly what it was like when it started. Definitely stop wearing your contacts. My whole family got it, but I wore my contacts for the first few days and my case was much worse. I didn't have glasses and had to go get them.

Pink eye can be viral or bacterial. My case was viral, but the opthamologist gave me anti-biotic drops anyway even though he said they wouldn't really do anything and it would just run it's course.

It lasted a few weeks for me, though the only symptom most of the time was that my eyes were red.

Go to the doctor though, or at least don't wait it out on my account. It could be bacterial and the drops could make a big difference or it could be something else. Also, maybe "pink eye" isn't one thing, but anything that infects your eyes, not sure.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:22 AM

yep, you have conjunctivitis
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Go see an eye doctor. Most likely you need to be out of your contacts for a little while. Could be anything from some minor contact lens overwear to a small corneal abrasion (I think actually unlikely) to the beginnings of a type of allergic reaction to your contacts. In any case, it's impossible to diagnose over the interwebs and someone knowledgeable needs to look at it, because you never know when it might be something more serious.

(I am an ophthalmologist, BTW)
Old 11-10-2007, 05:24 PM

I had something similar to this and it turned out I had some sort of bumps on the inside of my eyelid. Doctor told me to stop wearing my contacts for a while so it could heal.