Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 11-05-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Vegas Open?

It's not really on the "circuit" but it's not a daily either, so I posted here.

Any word on this? Its starting after Thanksgiving at the Venetian, and it's all big buy-ins.

Anyone ever heard of the National Poker League? After the last charity disaster thing it's looking like Venetian is eager to put on whatever stepchild tournament that comes along.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Vegas Open?

The NPL has had a few tournaments held around the world (Paris, UK, Australia), they've supposedly had a deal with the INHD network, Superstation WGN and some CBS stations and other TV outlets. They had a series of tournaments last year that were broadcast on INHD last year. More info can be found over at www.nplworldpoker.com .
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM

A poker tournament in Vegas? Crazy!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The NPL has had a few tournaments held around the world (Paris, UK, Australia), they've supposedly had a deal with the INHD network, Superstation WGN and some CBS stations and other TV outlets. They had a series of tournaments last year that were broadcast on INHD last year. More info can be found over at www.nplworldpoker.com .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, their ads are big on pimping the tv coverage, I guess to bring in the "sponsored" players.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM

This is going to be running at the same time as the beginning of the Five Diamond at the Bellagio. Anyone in the know have any predictions as to the effect on turnout at the Bellagio of this series at the Venetian?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is going to be running at the same time as the beginning of the Five Diamond at the Bellagio. Anyone in the know have any predictions as to the effect on turnout at the Bellagio of this series at the Venetian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody going to be at the NPL Open at the Venetian for the pre-lims, $5k or $15k Main Events?

I will be arriving in Vegas this Sat Nov. 24th and staying through the Bellagio 5D events as well.

Does anyone have the STRUCTURE sheet/link for the NPL Open Events at the Venetian?

Thanks guys,
Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: I just saw the link above...as they must have just posted the structure...as it wasnt on their site last week
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

The first $2500 event in this started yesterday. Anyone play in it and/or know how many players it attracted?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How lame. So it's safe to say that it doesn't appear to be much of a threat to the Five Diamond. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
The first $2500 event in this started yesterday. Anyone play in it and or know how many players it attracted?
I played in it yesterday(knocked out 15th)...i think the total was 61.They paid 5 places,when the TV table actually called for 6!

It was switched late in the tourney,as I am assuming not to have the embarassing situation of a final tablist NOT getting paid...LOL?

Today I think there less than 50 runners.I passed,and will wait for the B events to start tomm

What a joke of a turnout

Stephen

entertainme: I have no idea why UBB Code isn't working in this post?