Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 1/2 river b3b bluff

you're [censored] here, hate the river bet, and the push is even worse. Small turn + big river + donk = big hand. Also, why would he ever have a draw here, it's really unlikely.

spewtastic
Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM

JJ, 2nd would be KJ. Idk gabe people at these stakes are pussies, Idk what would encourage this guy to bluff here.

The turn bet doesnt make much sense for the fd either? The bet makes me think he wanted real thin value, induce a raise, or lightly protect his hand. A fd I think is likely checking or betting for FE.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM

i'm not going to lie, it's not as bad as a lot of people think. who cares what hero's hand looks like, unknowns dont care.

HOWEVER, in my experience the average unknown will just muck the river most of the time with spades, so spades aren't in his range enough to balance KJ/JJ/etc.

marginally bad IMO
Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM

i don't like it, i agree with alot of the points made by OP, he either has a monster or air, but i think if he's got air, then we just have to give him credit for outplaying us and move on to the next hand.

i think most donks who have monsters here would minraise the river or raise to $50 or so, so i think this is a bluffy type of raise.

i think your bluffline is inferior to 2 other lines you could have used. you could have c/r the turn, or c/r the river. these are both superior in that they make more sense and are cheaper
Old 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM

It would never cross my mind to do this and that's probably why I have 600k hands at 1/2.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like it, i agree with alot of the points made by OP, he either has a monster or air, but i think if he's got air, then we just have to give him credit for outplaying us and move on to the next hand.

i think most donks who have monsters here would minraise the river or raise to $50 or so, so i think this is a bluffy type of raise.

i think your bluffline is inferior to 2 other lines you could have used. you could have c/r the turn, or c/r the river. these are both superior in that they make more sense and are cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r the turn sucks IMO for the obvious reasons.

c/r the river is even worse because of the times the river goes check/check and he high-cards you
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM

really interesting but I think an unknown folds spades to our river bet. but i agree that what we're repping isn't as important so if you think he's capable of bluff raising the river I guess its ok. however your description of villain makes me think he's not bluff raising the river very often.

also his tiny ass turn bet could be an idiot just begging for some action w/ a monster.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM

i'm not saying i like the turn c/r or river c/r, but i think they are superior to the bet/3bet on the river.

i think the turn c/r is the best option out of the 3 because flatcalling the tiny turn bet seems weak, so we won't get much credit for a hand on the river.

i think your river bet after the way the hand went down is screaming to be raised, so either don't do it or bet/3bet and embrace the incredible amount of variance
Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM

wtf gabe? 1/2?

sick river line though.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.