Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: 2 hu hands

not saying I disagree but just wondering why is a shove>small raise in hand 1?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM

nvm I guess our line looks kinda bluffish and since Jfish's image is bad he will get looked up lighter?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM

hand 1 is an easy shove for value. im not sure you're getting called too often but you definitely have the best hand and i dont think the merits of a smaller raise outweigh the value in shoving.

i think calling the turn with the intention of folding to a river push on this particular river card (a blank, basically) is really bad. in aggro matches people almost never EVER give up on bluffs even if it seems as though they are utterly hopeless. whether that means you should have folded turn or you should call river is probably easier to answer yourself based on the dynamics of the match up to that point.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Shove hand 1 given your image. Your line looks fishy, and he can certainly look you up with worse here.

Hand 2 I think the turn is fine, and I'd probably fold the river, but it's kinda close IMO.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 is an easy shove for value. im not sure you're getting called too often but you definitely have the best hand and i dont think the merits of a smaller raise outweigh the value in shoving.

i think calling the turn with the intention of folding to a river push on this particular river card (a blank, basically) is really bad. in aggro matches people almost never EVER give up on bluffs even if it seems as though they are utterly hopeless. whether that means you should have folded turn or you should call river is probably easier to answer yourself based on the dynamics of the match up to that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i dont no if i agre with you on the 2nd part. i think a good amount of players give up on the river if they get called on the flop and the turn, especially if they are thinking aggro players. however, if they are just spewing bad aggro players, then you are right
Old 10-30-2007, 05:35 PM

1 - shove river, and I would think about betting the turn for value (intending to not fold obv) albeit thin
2 - is really tough and I honestly don't know, depends on the flow of the match and such, its just so tough, calling turn to fold river requires some specific assumptions that I can't accept or dismiss without seeing a bunch more hands.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i dont no if i agre with you on the 2nd part. i think a good amount of players give up on the river if they get called on the flop and the turn, especially if they are thinking aggro players. however, if they are just spewing bad aggro players, then you are right

[/ QUOTE ]

meh i disagree

fwiw i think w/ given info you should fold turn
Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM

you see i have a fd also?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 PM

i shove 1

2 it is hard to contribute...but this feels like a call to me

im guessing by the stacks that 1 happened first and that you have pretty much been creaming him (and that you shoved in 1) i think hes on tilt and has whiffed overs more than often enough (given what i percieve to be game flow) to call this river
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 PM

hand 2 i dont think its that close, it looks like you are so showdown bound i'd fold pretty quick.

hand 1 he has like half pot left right? just jam of course. the only reason this one is closer is because you would prefer the hand to be shown down.