Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: BIG BLUFF-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you repping? Nothing. He should technically look you up with a J very often here cause the way you played this hand, you almost always have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

sir, he's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true... this hand is awful.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm villain. I don't view myself as very ABC, but I think I've been recently playing much more ABC than normal.

Oh, and my balls are like 50x bigger than my brains.

I'll give my thoughts in a bit, don't wanna taint.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:09 PM

doesn't seem so bad imo. he almost definitely doesn't have a FH or a flush and you could feasibly go for double c/r with a big hand on that flop. that said i still wouldn't do it, i think you're doing too much hoping that he thinks the same way.

gdollaz is right too he doesn't seem to fold a lot and you took a weird line. prob. better with an actual hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Um.. what % of hands do you call preflop, i think this is important because I assume he uses a hud
Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 PM

If he DOES have a flush here, it's the nuts flush, since I highly doubt he'd check the turn with any lesser flush. I think it's much more likely villain shows up with a house here than a flush, but I still think his range is mostly overpairs/AJ type hands. If he is value betting thinner than QJ here it's not to fold to a c/r IMO because making thin value bets vs a player such as yourself with the intention of folding to a c/r every time would be retarded. Also, given who villain is I think this is suicide for reasons already stated in this thread. If boquenese is Value betting here it's probably not with the intention of folding to a shove since he can call this shove profitably vs you with AJ here IMO.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 PM

I've got Sauce at 23/19, but no, I don't use any HuD, or Poker Tracker, I keep all these stats in my head.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Also, I'd like to add that people saying you are repping nothing are 100% wrong. If I chose to check the turn here with a set, and it checked through I'm probably going for a c/r on the river vs someone who likes to value bet rather thin. But like I stated in my above post, once he bets the river, he can call profitably since bluffs make up a good part of your range in a spot like this.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:30 PM

You're not really repping anything here with river check raise, but in a big way.
What i mean is that if villain has any conception of you as a competent player, this spot to check raise bluff might look so bad to him that it ends up being good, and you might end up pushing him off something respectable.
Of course the fact that better air-ish hands is a good portion of his range here adds to the equity in the bluff.

AA- Is a turn check with a set really believable here?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AA- Is a turn check with a set really believable here?

[/ QUOTE ]

100BBs deep, no way......200BBs deep between 2 aggro/tricky players, absolutely.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM

This is the range I feel this player calls your CR with on the flop (assuming he sees you as aggressive and capable of making moves.)

66, 54,56,57,58,78,79,710,89,810,of clubs K3s+,Q7s,J8s of clubs any broadway clubs. I could also see him calling this flop with AJo KJo assuming he thinks your aggressive. Maybe even a peel with like AcK or AcQ, also QcJ

once he checks on the turn I think alot of his flushes go out the window (esp baby flushes) and likely 66

So that leaves his range with mostly Ac peals of Jx

once you check the river again I don't know how often he bets Ack AcQ b/c he prob figures to get looked up alot by you. One the other hand I think it makes alot of sense for this to be a value bet with a Jack (esp after you check two streets)

I can't really think of any hands you play like this for value. Except for taking a really weird line with a monster (which is discounted)

Your range is weighted mostly towards hands that don't want to get called and the occasional monster (why would you turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff on this river)

So I guess the big question is if he looks you up with Jx, I guess it has to do with reads but given your line I think its a def a reality.