Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Dexter 10/28

how would you guys feel about combining some of these shorter tv show threads into a season thread? i don't have a strong feeling about it, i am just kind of thinking because sometimes i see a lot of them on the front page, possibly at the expense of other threads.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 PM

It doesn't really make a difference as the "big" thread would still be bumped and moving other threads down the line just like new threads do.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Seems like the last shot of this season will be of Dexter smiling in an electric chair.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like the last shot of this season will be of Dexter smiling in an electric chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Showtime realizes that this show is a potentially huge franchise for them. It will not end after two seasons.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Showtime realizes that this show is a potentially huge franchise for them. It will not end after two seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true, money means everything. I think the show would be a lot better if it did end this way though.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 PM

I'm tempted to say harry is dexters father and he confesses to Lila.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to say harry is dexters father and he confesses to Lila.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this thought crossed my mind as well, DNA proved in season 1 that the ice truck killer killed Dexter's biological father. I don't see how they could change that part of the story in a convincingly enough way for Harry to suddenly become the father. In a show that goes as in depth and detailed as this one, they can't just start changing major facts that were revealed in previous episodes on a whim.

I think he will confess to Lila sometime as well, but at the same time can't imagine him actually doing that (it would be so out of character for him -- but he has been doing a lot of things out of character lately). Either that or she catches him or something.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:36 PM

1) harry banging dexter's mom has the same effect on me as if he really was his biological father. It really wouldn't effect the story in any other way, it still has that same, "chills" feeling....

2) I'm really convinced the writers are [censored] with the audience with Lila. Personally, i think there is no way Dexter confesses to her

3) the problem with this season is it can't just "blow over" or can't end with all the loose ends wrapping up like last season. They could potentially drag this on forever.

4) dexter would never smile in the electric chair, he is empty, he would simply just sit there and take it.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:13 AM

Anyone feel that there is a greater connection to the multiple times dexter has overheard people discussing the bay harbor butcher and saying that he should get a medal/is a hero etc? And now with him as a vigilante in the comic book?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dexter would never smile in the electric chair, he is empty

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, he says this but I don't buy it. Whether he wants to admit it or not he has feelings for Harry, his mom, Rita, and her kids. He also killed the car salesmen just to save someone else. I think he just so screwed up he deludes himself into thinking he doesn't have any emotion even though he does.