Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Is this forum only for stoxpoker.com discussion?

...or is open to other coaches as well?

I saw a thread that seemed to be asking the same question when I first opened this forum, but it appears to have been deleted before I could open it. I think this question will be on a lot of people's minds so I would appreciate the admins of this forum answering it, and perhaps locking the topic if it isn't suitable for discussion rather than deleting it so future visitors to the forum will understand.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Is this forum only for stoxpoker.com discussion?

RoundersQuotes: Come back!

tc
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 PM

I accidentally deleted the thread when trying to delete an inappropriate post by RoundersQuotes. My apologies for that.

The forum is for Coaching/Training discussions and specifically discussions as to how poker coaching videos can be used to help one improve their game.

The forum is sponsored by Stoxpoker.com and we don't want the forum to be used to spam for other online training sites or for shills for other sites to be abusive. You will also never hear us saying anything negative about another training site but we won't hesitate to acknowledge other excellent training sites.

There are several very good training sites out there (Taylor Caby is associated with Card Runners which we think is one of the very good training sites). Constructive comments about poker training videos is not restricted to Stoxpoker.com and, in fact, we believe you can benefit by being a member of more than one site.

As to whether the forum is open to private coaches posting, if the posts are in response to specific questions that is not a problem. However, the forum is not intended to be used to promote specific private coaches and we would appreciate coaches that do post respecting that forum posting guideline.

We do believe it is inappropriate to PM forum members to sign-up for Stoxpoker.com and we do not allow other training sites or private coaches to do so either. If you do receive a PM from any training site asking you to sign-up, please notify us immediately.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 PM

I think this forum is a really good idea. Someone should sponsor it, and it's good that a good company like StoxPoker is doing so.

Personally, and obviously I'm biased, I think this forum should be an open place to discuss all things related to coaching/training. If someone wants to ask, what site is better for my needs, which site is cheapest, which site has the most content, etc., they should be able to get objective answers. If they can get these objective answers from customers of the sites, owners of sites (when asked, agreed, no shilling or PM'ing to sell a product), and anybody with experience in the industry, then this will be a great tool for 2p2 posters. This way, Stoxpoker.com gets the recognition they are paying for, but the forum doesn't turn into a big ad for one website where there would obviously be no objectivity involved.

Kudos to 2p2 for getting this forum off the ground. I've long thought that there should be a forum like this so the rest of the forums aren't constantly filled with posts about people wanting to learn about the training options that are out there.

StoxPoker,
Does this sound okay?

tc
Old 10-09-2007, 05:55 PM

Taylor, I think you should get in contact w/ the big wigs running 2+2, to see if you can a video forum that is open to all sites, etc...

I found it interesting when I saw this new forum, b/c it really favors stoxpoker. Now, if stox is the owner of 2+2, or he pays money to have this forum section, then that is fine. But if this is a general video forum designed for all video discussion; PXF, CR, STox, etc... then IMO it is kind of unfair.

But, if stox is paying money or wons a share of 2+2, IMO this forum is fine.

BTW, taylor, I am guessing CR will be discussed to a pulp in this forum, b/c you guys are the site to beat IMO in terms of general content spanning MTTs - PLO - HU, etc...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:00 PM

taylor -

this is of course ok with us. You mostly regurgitated the post above you, and I assume you are trying to set the tone for stoxpoker NOT using a heavyhanded moderation approach. If I assumed incorrectly feel free to correct me.

Open market forces, and twoplustwo specifically would never let us get away with spreading NONobjective information anywhere, in fact I hope you did not intend to imply this is what we were hoping to do.

that is the beauty of 2+2, someone may be able to post something they believe or are trying to convince other's of, but ultimately, it is the merit of the post itself that stands the test of time, positively or negatively.

Objective discussion is encouraged and we have noticed the high standards any representatives of cardrunners have used to represent themselves in connection with the site and competition and we have conducted ourselves in the same fashion and plan to continue doing so in the future.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 PM

So it would be ok to have threads similar to the coaching thread in SSNL right now where people are sharing their experiences with various freelance coaches?

If that's the case, and you guys are cool with just having your stickies advertising stoxtrader but allowing discussion about any other coaches or training services that people want to talk about, then I actually think this forum is a great idea and kudos to you.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Stoxtrader,

I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly. StoxPoker (or maybe it was someone else) had responded in a thread that was deleted that appeared to imply that this forum would be used to discuss Stoxpoker issues. Also, originally, this forum was setup as a large advertisement for StoxPoker.com - with seperate threads with bios of teachers, products, etc. for Stoxpoker.com. The impression that I, and other people that I talked to as well as posted in the About the Forums section, got was that it was a place to talk about Stoxpoker, not an unbiased Poker Training/Coaching section sponsored by StoxPoker.com.

Sounds like a great idea for a forum! Thanks for the response.

Best,
tc
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

stox,

How about a stoxpoker.com4life forum, where the regulars of this forum can go to discuss non-coaching related issues, like how to pick up chicks or what they're having for lunch that day? I predict it would be a huge hit and would help grow the stoxpoker.com community!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I accidentally deleted the thread when trying to delete an inappropriate post by RoundersQuotes. My apologies for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's saying you're not the man.
Closed Thread