Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Default 30/60 stud hi

probably standard, but...

4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] brings in, seemingly decent player completes with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I raise it next in with (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K:heart, with the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] behind me. all folds, the queen calls.

4th:
him: (xx)Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bet, call

5th:
him: (xx)Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he checks the open 7s (?) i check it back

6th:
him: (xx)Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

now he bets out, i call

7th:
him: (xx)Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](x)
me: (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

he bets, i call?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 30/60 stud hi

Depends on the player. If he is the type who frequently raises with 3 suited cards i call as it looks as though he may have made a flush on 6th.
If his raises usually mean pair type hands than i raise the river as he probably has a hand like Queens up.

His check on 5th if he is a pair player usually means he has Queens up and wants to check to see what you do with the kings you are representing.

You check behind so on 6th he feels comfortable to bet his 2 pair.

May be wrong but i raise the river as queens will pay you off almost always.

lastly on another note i think i just call on 3rd to encourage others in the pot. I don't mind playing a multiway pot with 3 cards to the royal. A raise here is effective in isolating though if you would rather do that.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:54 PM

I think there's enough chance that he peeled fourth with a straight draw that I'd want to bet fifth.

I like the call on seventh, as it seems he has a big hand or nothing.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's enough chance that he peeled fourth with a straight draw that I'd want to bet fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight draw? You mean like (J9)Q7 or something?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Does he preraise his high cards?! If not i fold.

Full on 5th(doesn't raise on 4th to get 2bet on 5th or 6th, but fills up), or most likely hits flush on 6th, but why not raise you on 4th with 4flush?!

Result?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:53 PM

or was it his bet on 4th?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 PM

I don't put him as full on 5th. That would mean he had rolled queens or Q7 underneath. If he's raising with rolled queens on 3rd then he's 4 betting it as well more than likely. He may have Q7 underneath but i don' think it's often enough to weigh heavily in his range.

Lower levels people raise more on draws to try to get free cards, i think at 30/60 you get 3 bet more often so people will tend to do it less.

I think his 2 most likely hands are two pair of Queens and 7's or lower, he may have pocket 10's or something or a flush.

If this player usually raises only with pairs to start then i raise the river, if he raises with 3 cards to a flush a lot then i simply call.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight draw? You mean like (J9)Q7 or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].