Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 PM

Default $10nl - AJ - turn decision ?

Villian is 36/12/2 over 130 hands

His flop checkraised made me believe he had a small pp and was using the ace to try and get a read how strong i was. I was pretty sure i was ahead here as the only had i'm afraid of is something with a 7 in it as any ace stonger than mine is part of his preflop raising range. Is reraising in possition a mistake here against this type of villian, and would the best way to extract maximum value in this situation would be to just flat call his turn bet and hope he makes a desperation bluff on the river ?

I'm figuring he's put me on +TT-KK so would flat calling the turn make it clear to him that i'm not affraid of the ace? Although pushing the turn also gives him the same information.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $2.35
BB: $14.65
UTG: $16.95
UTG+1: $3.80
MP1: $7.65
MP2: $9.90
CO: $14.25
Hero (BTN): $10.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.45) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.80</font>, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($5.05) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $2.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $7.70</font>, <font color="red">CO folds</font>,