Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Foxwoods $3k event AQs

Villian in this hand is a regular HSNL tourny player. I've played with him a couple times. Once I played with him on day 2 of the Foxwoods WPT event. He's your typical tag, good at hand reading, capable of making moves. A hand I played with him last year at the FW WPT: I raise 78hh on button, he repops to 13k from the SB, I shove for 50k more and he folded without too much thought.

Right before the hand below, villian was forced to fold the flop in a blind battle. SB completed, villian raised the 1200 blind to 6k, sb called. Flop J 7 2r. SB stop-n-go'd all in. SB had ~60k to start, villian had 31k. He tanked and tanked and finally folded bitching on and on.

Now this is the very next hand. The same StopNgo guy from that hand now has the button, villian is SB and I'm BB.

Stopngo guy: ~70k
Villian: 25k
ME (BB): 26k

Folds to button. He raises to 3600. He has been playing aggressively preflop in position. Villian reshoves all in.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

There are about 90 players left. I have 50% of avg and my table is kinda meh...no big pots being played, everyone seems decent and tight.

Also, if I shoud call with AQ here then what's the worst hands I can call with in this spot?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods $3k event AQs

This has to be a call even if the guy wasn't steaming, which he seems to be. Bottom of range, I don't know, AT+, KQ, 77+, something like that.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods $3k event AQs

Definitely call. Call 88/99. Maybe call 77/AJ, but fold everything else.